Newbie.....SF 49er 20" to a lil stretch chopper...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I have been wanting to try my hands at a stretch... So a buddy was gonna throw out his sons old SF 49er 20" BMX, I said I'll haul it away for you... So this will get me some practice on cutting n welding.... I didn't take a photo before so here is one I found online...

The bike was pretty beat up.. the crank nut was stripped...no chain... no chain guard...rear rim has a little shimmy, and plenty of rust on all the chrome....

5If5Me5Je3ne3k23M9c6f8d87d42c4b081708.jpg

I was messing around ad was just gonna stretch it a few inches... then for some reason I decided to flip the rear end after cutting it to lower it, I added 5" to the rear. This allows me to use a 26" rear if I want. Since I don't have an extra 26" for mock up I don't know how it will look, I can just imagine. I will have to wait til I get to a different buddy's house to go steal some parts for mock up. I used the handlebars for the tubing to fill in where stretched. Not sure what I plan on doing next until I get more parts to tinker with. This was just to fun this afternoon messing around. Thanks to all of you for the inspiration.

Man I wanna see how it looks with a 26" rear.....

Here is its current state....

IMG290.jpg

I figure this will give me some good practice on what to do and not to do..... Not sure about where I am heading with this.... If my youngest doesn't want it, I will donate it to our local bike group. We donate bike to underprivileged kids... most of the time we get them new tubes and what ever needs them in running order, fix em and then surprise the kids.

nice start,with a start like this the options are endless,if you go with a chopper style I would go with 20" rear with fat tyre,26" forks with 24" front wheel with skinny tyre maybe oldskool 22" front (they look nice with no side wall brake surface) weld a seat tube just before the rear tyre so the seat would be similar position to a real chopper,just an idea and good luck,could name it Street Fiend :D

I like it. Good start. Keep going.

Sorcerer

Latest posts

Back