*Newest Addition* 1960 Schwinn Debutante

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go fellas, I went out looking for something and came home with this... When I saw it I just couldnt pass it up. after a little Degreaser, WD40 and aluminum foil it cleaned up really well.. :p

60Debutante1.jpg

60Debutante2.jpg

glad you mentioned the aluminum foil method! i couldn't believe it had i not tried it myself. Great find! besides the racks, what are your plans for the 'Debutante"?

Kustom_G said:
glad you mentioned the aluminum foil method! i couldn't believe it had i not tried it myself. Great find! besides the racks, what are your plans for the 'Debutante"?

I know right..lol..Foil on chrome? who would of thought..lol.. Well for now, its missing its headbadge so Im on the hunt for that, Its the bigger 50's style so it should be fun. I'm also hoping to find the twin headlights, tank and rear teardrop reflector for a full restoration...

Dude, go to 'memorylane-classics.com'! i love that place and they have the big 3.5 in long head badges in various colors, also ask for their catalog. you are going to flip out on all the stuff they have thats not on the website and at good prices. if i lived in ohio i'd be there all the time. i wish we had a place like that here in l.a.! the closest we have is 'chubby's' in culver city, but they have more commercial accessories. i just remembered 'palms cycles' also in culver city. enjoy!

Kustom_G said:
Dude, go to 'memorylane-classics.com'! i love that place and they have the big 3.5 in long head badges in various colors, also ask for their catalog. you are going to flip out on all the stuff they have thats not on the website and at good prices. if i lived in ohio i'd be there all the time. i wish we had a place like that here in l.a.! the closest we have is 'chubby's' in culver city, but they have more commercial accessories. i just remembered 'palms cycles' also in culver city. enjoy!
Hey thanks..I called them and they were very helpful, I have you to blame for the money I just spent...lol. Catalog and parts are on their way! thanks again! :D

don't blame me just yet, wait til the catalog arrives and then you'll really wanna blame me! ha ha ha! keep us posted with the resto!

Kustom_G said:
don't blame me just yet, wait til the catalog arrives and then you'll really wanna blame me! ha ha ha! keep us posted with the resto!
....!!! Im NOT looking foward to that...hahahahahaha :lol: Sure will, the racks will be on shortly...its the Twin lights and tank that Im going to hunt for..

Any progress on your build? Curious to see how the parts have worked out for you. hows the hunt for the other parts?

Kustom_G said:
Any progress on your build? Curious to see how the parts have worked out for you. hows the hunt for the other parts?
So far...Just a head badge. I got the racks but the front didnt fit, it was a little long most likely from a boys bike. Im still looking :)

Latest posts

Back