NIB Taboo Tiki

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,
I'm new to the forum and recently started getting back into the Dyno nostalgia. I came along a Dyno Taboo Tiki locally (within an hour) and also on ebay that's new in box. The price seems pretty high from what I've been able to dig up online. Any insight on value would be appreciated. I know these are very rare.

Also, were these manufactured in Taiwan? I know the KK's were, but I thought that was 01 and on.

upload_2017-4-11_16-26-3.png

I'm fortunate to have a Dyno, not brand new in the box though. I'm not sure what the value would be, but I know they were made in Taiwan, my 97 Taxi was. Still has the sticker on the head tube saying so.

DSCI0068.JPG

2000 is still in the Questor Partners era (1998-2001), when GT Dyno Kustom Kruisers were sold. Some folks try to simplify things by designating the "D" stamped as "Dyno" versus the "KK" stamps as "Kustom Kruisers". The 98-01 catalog-calendars promoted them all as GT Dyno Kustom Kruisers; (not sure of any legacy literature before that).
I like the 2000's because they have a functional kickstand; the '99s and prior had kickstand-style parts made in China.
I think the 2000 deluxe in Kandy purple offered at 1/3rd price is the better deal, but still pricy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the helpful info guys. I know I'm on the higher side, but I plan to scoop both up tomorrow. I'm not sure I'll get another opportunity at a tiki in box, so I'm going to pop on it.

Latest posts

Back