1. The forum software will be upgraded on Thursday evening (April 2). During this time the site may be down for a period of time to make the change. Thanks for your patience as we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

Nishiki banana seat 3 speed

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by Lucky#43, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Lucky#43

Lucky#43

[​IMG]
    I just got this cool bike! I know Nishiki are known for there street bikes but not for a muscle bike. I can't find any other pictures of it.

Brunson67 and RustyGold like this.
  2. Brunson67

Brunson67

Cool looking bike and project!

Lucky#43 likes this.
  3. A.S.BOLTNUT

A.S.BOLTNUT

Don't see those very often , had one when I was a kid , my older brother sold my 22 rifle for me so I could get a new bike , and that's what I ended up with , same color also , I found a green one once but have been keeping my eyes out for a yellow .
    Wasn't really made for jumping unfortunately
    So it didn't last long the frame broke right up behind the head tube.

P.s. sent you a private message.
    Rafael

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Lucky#43 likes this.
  4. Bicycle808

Bicycle808

Nishiki was just a brand name for imported bikes distributed by West Coast Cycle in the US. Most of the early bikes were made by Kawamura, and later bikes were made by Giant-- but other firms provided bikes for WCC as well. If yours has a ¨Made in Japan¨ sticker on it and the first letter in the serial is a ¨K,¨ it was made by Kawamura.... which was an outstanding Japanese bike manufacturer that has little to no name recognition in the USA b/c of the Nishiki distribution deal.

Regardless, that´s an awesome bike. :grin:

5. Lucky#43

Lucky#43

Thanks for the info! I couldnt find anything on it. All I knew was that it was made in Japan and probably from the early 70s. lol

Bicycle808 likes this.