Nobody cares cruise

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200425_124905.jpg
20200425_124837.jpg
20200425_124849.jpg

The surf break where the path to the dog beach runs down from both North and South now called "Five Wells" used to be called "Dead Lady's" back in the 60's and 70's. That whole stretch from Goldenwest Street to Warner Avenue was a free-for-all, with no law or rules until Bolsa Chica was developed into a state beach. The stretch from the end of the cliffs to Sunset was commonly referred to as "Tin Can Beach".

The surf break where the path to the dog beach runs down from both North and South now called "Five Wells" used to be called "Dead Lady's" back in the 60's and 70's. That whole stretch from Goldenwest Street to Warner Avenue was a free-for-all, with no law or rules until Bolsa Chica was developed into a state beach. The stretch from the end of the cliffs to Sunset was commonly referred to as "Tin Can Beach".
This picture was taken at "The cliffs". Pretty much a famous surf spot in my mind. I grew up and moved to HB in 1975. My playground was Bunkerhill. A killer bmx riding area adjacent to the wetlands. It had a vertical jump called " The Wall". I was either skateboarding, surfing, or BMX. Other hangouts were Down Town HB, The circle at PCH and Warner, California Classics, The Swing in Smokeys stables, Saddleback, O.C.I.R. Balboa peninsula. Good times for sure!

We used to poach Edwards Street Hill on skateboards way back when out partying late at night. I was disappointed to see that they tamed it down compared to how steep it used to be.

Dead Lady's is in the midst of The Cliffs, being a break caused by specific erosion caused by that gap in the cliffs. I surfed all over, from Santa Barbara to Ensenada before the contest attitudes started showing up in the water during the early 80's. If I lived somewhere with clean water and no attitudes (a nice left-hand point break like Cotton's would be nice too) I'd still be surfing. What those attitudes did for me though was drive me back to bicycles with a vengeance.

My daughter and I attended a ride in HB 02/03/2007, were you there? Her '59 Hollywood was my first custom/resto, completed in 2000, the blue and white one:
hollywoods.jpg

Attachments

• 010203 006.jpg
    010203 006.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 104
We used to poach Edwards Street Hill on skateboards way back when out partying late at night. I was disappointed to see that they tamed it down compared to how steep it used to be.

Dead Lady's is in the midst of The Cliffs, being a break caused by specific erosion caused by that gap in the cliffs. I surfed all over, from Santa Barbara to Ensenada before the contest attitudes started showing up in the water during the early 80's. If I lived somewhere with clean water and no attitudes (a nice left-hand point break like Cotton's would be nice too) I'd still be surfing. What those attitudes did for me though was drive me back to bicycles with a vengeance.

My daughter and I attended a ride in HB 02/03/2007, were you there? Her '59 Hollywood was my first custom/resto, completed in 2000, the blue and white one:
View attachment 117695
I didn't make that ride but the bikes are nice fore sure!

Latest posts

Back