Not Fast Enough!

Discussion in 'ANYTHING GOES BUILD OFF' started by bikeriderx, Oct 22, 2009.

1. bikeriderx

bikeriderx

Not yet...T-Day guests just left...My son is with grandma/pa...Gonna try and get some work done (tonight?) tomorrow... :mrgreen:

2. bikeriderx

bikeriderx

I spent most of the day, Friday de-greasing the steering & BB bearings. And pulling a few parts off a donor bike that I'll need to finish this one...Well, today I managed to get the fork primed...

[​IMG]

I'm thinking of yellow for the top coat...? I need to get it painted tomorrow, to stay on schedule. We have some family coming by in about a half hour, maybe I can start some re-assembly this evening...I'm ready to go:

[​IMG]

Later,

3. Ratfink1962

Ratfink1962

Yes definetly yellow on the forks, especially since the front of the frame is yellow.

you could also do a fade on them too, yellow at the crown, orange in the middle and red on the ends. Either way, im sure it would look fine.

4. deorman

deorman

8)

5. bikeriderx

bikeriderx

Hmmmm.... 8)

6. bikeriderx

bikeriderx

The family has all gone! And Boy Oh' Boy!! The pressure is buildin'!! Here is what I got done tonight:

[​IMG]

Ok...So I'm not all done with steel wool.... :wink:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nice...

Then I did some assembly:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yea...That race is pretty chewed-up. But it seems like it'll work alright...

Must shoot yellow on the fork tomorrow....Must keep working... Must make deadline...:mrgreen:

7. Markm

Markm

Right On!!!
    Go man Go!!!!!!! :D

8. bikeriderx

bikeriderx

Thanks Mark!! I did get the fork painted. :mrgreen: I'll post pics after I bring it home from the shop...

9. jezusjonz

jezusjonz

Ahhh would it be to late to say just paint the forks yellow?? lol. nevermind....
    Terry

10. bikeriderx

bikeriderx

Yellow it is! :lol: But I'm holding off on new pics...Gotta build the hype! I got the front end put together last night-NICE! :mrgreen: And I got the front wheel detailed this AM...Tire/tube and install after work...

11. jezusjonz

jezusjonz

Ahhh would it be to late to say just paint the forks yellow?? lol. nevermind...Terry[/quote]
    Yellow it is! :lol: But I'm holding off on new pics...Gotta build the hype! I got the front end put together last night-NICE! :mrgreen: And I got the front wheel detailed this AM...Tire/tube and install after work...[/quote]

Hype ..ya dont have to hype something that is good.....you need more like a really long drum roll.....lol....come on X show a little fork will ya....lol
    Terry

12. bikeriderx

bikeriderx

Soon, soon!! I've got less than 5 days and all will be revealed! After work yesterday I detailed and trued the rear wheel and re-greased/adjusted the wheel bearings. Then I went to install new tires and tubes...only to find I didn't have any 24" rim strips!! :x So I repaired the S.A. gear indicator chain and played around with the headbadge, which I'm thinking I'm gonna re-paint. So I'll stop by the LBS on lunch today, get the rim strips (and maybe some other goodie that catches my eye... :wink: ) and get on with it this evening...It's all down to details now... :mrgreen:

13. bikeriderx

bikeriderx

OK! I finally figured out what freakin' tires fit the wheels on this wreck... :roll:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got 'em installed on the bike this evening and put on a new chain. Tomorrow is saddle, sissybar, handlebar, brakes, shifter...Oh my, I better put a pot of coffee on!! Later,

14. bikeriderx

bikeriderx

I did it!!! I'm DONE! :mrgreen: Here is a "sneak preview"...I'll take better pics tomorrow. Hopefully the sun will come out... :D I've got one more thing I'd like to do, but if I can't pull it off it's still done!! :mrgreen: Later,

[​IMG]

15. aka_locojoe

aka_locojoe

I think that's a tease preview not a sneak :D

16. bikeriderx

bikeriderx

Hahaha! The weather forcast calls for partly sunny today!! Now I can take some better pics! :mrgreen:

17. Markm

Markm

Right On!!!! :D :D
    Lookin good!!!

18. bikeriderx

bikeriderx

DONE:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cool, Fun, Addictive... :mrgreen:

19. bikeriderx

bikeriderx