Not so new guy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
62Higgins here,

I figure I should post an intro since I have been a member since September.

I was born, raised and live in upstate NY, 25 miles west of Albany. I am married with 2 kids, a crazy German Shepherd and a couple of birds. We also have a horse, but I stick to the iron type.

My ailment started in 1972 when I got a used '66 Stingray for $15 (I was 5). No training wheels, just took off, fixated on one small sappling, ran it over and been on two wheels ever since. The whole family rides, but my son and I are the total sprocket heads.

I love all forms of motorsports (dirt track stockcar racing right around here), motorcycles, rock music. I spend fair amount of time bowling too.

I have way too many bikes, but can't stop myself. Our basement is full of them, rats, bmx, choppers, flatbar roadbikes, MTB's, even a tandem waiting to be resurected. Last count was 22 built and 7 frames waiting for ratting. Nothing stays factory fresh for more than 10 minutes here.

I was a NYS University cop for 12 years and even started one of the first police bike patrols in NYS in 1991. I have instructed at several 40 hour police cyclist schools and am thinking about instructing at the motorcycle safety foundation basic rider course at a local community college too.

I am a member over on CBN (HeavyMetal7speed) and have met some great people (Chainsaw, Budzilla and Yyzmec to name a few) through that forum and know I will here too. Multistate/Internation rides are great, if you get a chance to take part, do it.

I have enjoyed all the BBO posts and have to say, you guys are taking it to the next level in a hurry. I am about as good as Fred Flintstone with computers, but hope to start posting a whole bunch of pics real soon.

Everyone keep up the great work and let's all tip our hats to RatRod for giving us this great opportunity to get together.

Rat on! \m/ \m/

And 9man, when you read this, please get motivated enough to stop poaching and join the forum. If you don't, I'll create a whole profile for you and tell the world everything I know about you. LOL

62Higgins

Latest posts

Back