(not very) Fresh Goose!? (crunchy and crispy)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyGold

Epic Level Bike Hoarder! 🏆
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Well, I picked up a couple 20"ers tonight (broke my self imposed ban). I thought for sure that it was a weird '77…given the coaster brake tab AND brake bridge AND bottom bracket gusset.
IMG_20180208_202345105.jpg

But, the serial indicates a '79 :wondering:... though, this format of serial number supposedly didn't start til '81 :39:.
IMG_20180208_202432341_HDR.jpg

The first layer of paint could have been white, or that may be primer? Followed by black, a metallic gold, and then a horridly applied thick sloppy dark red :confused:.

Should be fun?
Jason

Well, I get to rain on my own parade before anyone else gets a chance. I had my doubts...hence the ? in the title. When is a goose not a goose? When it is a Royce Union 'PRO' xxx :cry:.

There were some things bugging me...welds not that great...appeared to have chainguard tabs that were broke off...inconsistent serial number...but, the clincher, barely visible under the layers of crappy paint, two small rivet holes on the headtube :tmi:.

I had big plans...was lining up an Ashtubula crank...some Decoster forks...planned on nickel plating it...and, thinking seriously about a set of motomags. Blah...now what :grin:

Jason

I'd still build it! It may be an Amacca, which is a foreign built copy of a Mongoose. Not worth a lot. but cool none the less, and better than a Royce...

Latest posts

Back