BO15 Nouveau Style (previously Shop-rod)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a "cam wheel bike stoppen droppen"

Reminds me of an old joke about German engineering name for brassiere....
Stopsemfromfloppen.

Did you use heat to apply the vinyl, or was it adhesive backed? Really adhered to the bends and lines well!

Reminds me of an old joke about German engineering name for brassiere....
Stopsemfromfloppen.

Did you use heat to apply the vinyl, or was it adhesive backed? Really adhered to the bends and lines well!
It's adhesive backed. There were several grades available, I chose the most expensive and it has paid off. It's really nice stuff to work with. I'm so glad I went this route and didn't try and paint the "drips"

A few more details to do, but it's getting there.
I still need to do the leather inside the panniers and I'm going to put some of the orange onto the seat post. That way it will link up each side.
Oh and wire the front light.

DSC_2162.JPG

DSC_2164.JPG

DSC_2163.JPG

The kick stand does need a little attention as the bike is a bit precarious. I think I need to adjust the angle, which means dismantling it and fighting with that **** spring! Lol

What do you think about a front mudguard?
Does it need one?
A friend of mine (hi Ernie!) has suggested it does.

What do you think?
Looks okay as is to me. Maybe a short stubby one in chrome, or maybe orange might spice up the front though.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

The kick stand does need a little attention as the bike is a bit precarious. I think I need to adjust the angle, which means dismantling it and fighting with that **** spring! Lol
Keeping with the functionality of the bike, it seems like a drop stand would be a much better fit. I believe it would tuck nicely between the panniers and look at home.

Example

I've welded a bit on to the kick stand so the the angle is better.

And, I've decided to make a front mudguard. Obviously the original won't fit anymore! The bigger wheels and tyres mean that there is no room between the forks. So I'm making one that starts at the back of the fork and drops round and down. It, er, won't look like a "normal" mudguard......
DSC_2184.JPG

I've decided to make a mudguard.

Starting with a piece of aluminium
DSC_2189.JPG

And a cup of tea!
This was bent round a pipe. It needed a bit of "persuasion" with "The Slapper" (a length of a car leaf spring carefully shaped and profiled.)
DSC_2190.JPG

Then the edges are pinched in the shrinker
DSC_2191.JPG

This pulls the metal into an arc. I have to go more than looks right. This is because it will straighten slightly when I smooth the marks out left by the shrinker.
DSC_2192.JPG

Nice "drip" pan!

Latest posts

Back