now mine, Shelby Flyer + Elgin lady, pics pg 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This showed up on my hometown CL last week, I have already been in contact and have arranged a time to meet when I go home to visit this weekend.
Seems like a good price to me, anyone else agree?

http://binghamton.craigslist.org/bik/1133286887.html

3nd3p83l3ZZZZZZZZZ94ldf4fe3681dd41b10.jpg
3n53p63o8ZZZZZZZZZ94l7c95b55cc16614ce.jpg

And my girlfriend liked this one from the same seller, I might be picking it up for her at the same time.

http://binghamton.craigslist.org/bik/1133356709.html

3n83mf3o2ZZZZZZZZZ94lc6402ebaeecb182a.jpg
3n73o53l7ZZZZZZZZZ94l5eccce2056d81e00.jpg

Re: Not mine yet... but soon, Shelby Flyer

They look like decent prices to me. They will both draw a lot of attention as riders, that's for sure.

Darn good prices. Those red and blue Shelby's are so cool. Venturing out from Spaceliners? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

that red and blue shelby is great deal if i were you when you get i would not change a thing on its the bomb

that Shelby Flyer is the coolest Joey. get it.

Both of those are at a decent price... that Shelby really is neat. Awesome finds! The Shelby looks like it would be REALLY nice after a gentle cleaning. The color combination is sweet. :D

looking at the pictures again, it looks like the Shelby might have BFD.

JoeyMac said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:

Bacon Fried Donuts? Banana Filled Disco? Blind Flying Dog?

Blind FlyingDingo :mrgreen: I think he means Bent Fork Disease. I kinda see it too. Hopefully just a odd camera angle.
bent_fork.jpg

Actually, I know what you guys are talking about, and if I am not mistaken, that is the Shelby internal springer fork... I think it bends out when you sit on the bike. Can anyone confirm this for me? Either way, I will see the bike first hand when I go to pick it up, I can examine it up close.

JoeyMac said:
Actually, I know what you guys are talking about, and if I am not mistaken, that is the Shelby internal springer fork... I think it bends out when you sit on the bike. Can anyone confirm this for me? Either way, I will see the bike first hand when I go to pick it up, I can examine it up close.

That sounds right... with these bikes, if I'm not mistaken, the springer is odd in that it is partially inside the steer tube...? I don't know for sure though.

sweet bikes for sure, man! really like that shelby and the 2nd bike below it looks like either a hawthorne or roadmaster, not an elgin like the ad said (especially since elgins are pre war). thats just my opinion, but i swear thats a cwc chainring and frame. id get em both.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Springer, my eye. that sucker tail ended a parked car! Still completely saveable.

Latest posts

Back