NYC summer streets

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
image.jpeg
took wife and kid to summer streets today. I work in nyc, and normally I can't get out of there fast enough but every now and then they have something cool going on. Ive been working weekends lately but had to blow them off to make the last day of summer streets.
We had a blast today. Wife and I took the worksmans and he took his Schwinn tornado that we built into a bmx.
Its 3 Saturday's in August. Roads closed to cars from Brooklyn bridge up to central park. They have like 5 rest stops with activities and snacks and stuff. There truly is tons of stuff to do.
My son is 6, I didn't think he'd make it all the way to the park but he did.
Trips for kids had a little track setup with some wood obstacles and kids mountain bikes. He loved that, I think he did it 10 times. Now he wants a mountain bike.

So fun. Hope I can do it someday with my daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is really cool. They have a bunch of things to do at 5 stops along the way. I had heard about it here on rrb. Someone posted to see if anyone was going. I searched it and decided to check it out. Went last year with my buddy and we had fun.
The only part I find challenging is to safely get to the actual route, with a 6 year old on a bike.

Latest posts

Back