nz made os mtb for $1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got this healing mtb off our local auction site for a buck! picked it up last night.
i thought i might make a nice road bike out of it...i stripped it tonight...its way rougher than i had expected...nice size frame tho.

i might buy some paint stripper and give it a paint job before i commit any further to it...i was hopeing the original paint would be ok but its not...i would love to powder coat it but i think id have to get all new parts for it...dont really wanna spend that sorta $ on a roadbike atm...

still whats $1!!!

3715897679_3bafbba4b8.jpg

3716711476_ecb7745679.jpg

3715897531_b6dbbd8508.jpg

yeah, just assume you'll have to replace all the brake wires, both derailleur cables (and housings, too) and probably the chain. if your famileur with single speed and 3speed bikes, it'll be a piece of cake. just remember how things go when you take your time and go thru things one at a time. they sell a cable tune up kit a wally world for like $10 bucks, and included both brake and shifter cables and housings of all of them. you may want to buy yourself a good pair of wire cutters or (i use) aviation sheers to cut down housings and cable to the right size and a chaintool for taking off and putting a new chain on (seriously recommend it) and a good basic tool set.

like you said, its a buck.

Latest posts

Back