OBSCURED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well here it is, the end, thank God. This was a lot more work then I could have ever imagined and it took me untill about two hours ago to finnish. Everything on the bike except for the wheels, bars, pedals, and some hardware is polished steel which is what took up about 95% of my time. Went on a little ride when I finished and it rides pretty good, just needs a few adjustments. There are a couple more things I would like to do just ran out of time.

Thanks to my wife for the pictures...

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

Good building evetyone!

It still amazes me that this is not a chrome bike.
TO FREAKING COOL!!
BRAVO!
congRATs!

Wow! :shock: You definitely took some time to polish up that bad boy! :mrgreen: Well worth the time...awesome bike, Adam 8)

Thanks Guys! I appreciate the positive comments. A special thanks to the people who voted for me!
You all built some sweet stuff too.

Thanks Dogdart!
Well I "clear" coated it but it dried to a mat finish and didn't adhear to well :x So I ended up scraping it off and polishing again. I had way to much time into polishing it to keep it mat. It completely took the shine away. Since then I have been trying different clear coats on bare metal and nothing is sticking, you can scrape it off with your finger nail. All of them say they are for over paint. I don't know what everyone else has been doing for there bare metal bikes but I ended up waxing it real good with a quality wax.
When I first started the polishing process I would come down to the basement after a day or two and it would already have light surface rust starting, especially at the finger prints. I got in the habbit of wiping it down with paint thinner and then spraying heavy w/WD40.
I will be keeping a close eye on it to make sure the wax is working, so far so good.
So what is everyone doing on there bare bikes?

Check into clear powder coat - I think that if the bare metal is prepped properly that it should probably work

Here's a clear powder coat finish on a bare metal motorcycle tank -

132045.jpg

Latest posts

Back