Off on another tangent.... BSA custom long lean Path Racer "The Archduke" that turns into an Art Deco Roadster!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That goes so well next to the crank sprocket!
Thanks, I have to say I am quite happy with how that part came out. I do set impossible standards for myself sometimes.... like "every part must be a work of art in it's own right".... idiot.... it makes for slow going at times.... I have spent three days making 4 trims for the ends of the fenders and am not even done yet!

Oh, new toy (ok it's really a 118 year old toy) arrived today in a box from Kansas.... Pierce chainless with full suspension front and back in 1902! I have my Holy Grail bike after 6 years hunting. Never give up looking for the bike you REALLY REALLY want.
P1080522.JPG
P1080524.JPG
P1080525.JPG
P1080527.JPG
P1080528.JPG

Back to usual programing...... I have finally finished the stainless steel fender end trims... bike looks better with the fenders cut level and even...
P1080370.JPG
P1080533.JPG
P1080534.JPG
P1080372.JPG
P1080535.JPG
P1080537.JPG
P1080538.JPG
P1080542.JPG
P1080543.JPG

I'm so impressed and inspired. Thank you for documenting this build. This is truly a piece of art. I can't wait to see what comes next.

Can I have it?
So bold!

Crazy bike, incredible. I bet the suspension, the drivetrain and the handlebars never really took on because the price was too high. Mass production requires low price. Is the front fork bending? Are those fork legs actually leaf springs???

About your art deco roadster - wow, just wow, every time I look at your thread there is another beautifully fabricated part. Beautiful finish on the fender end pieces!

A smart a r se mate looked at the copper wire chain extension and said "I think you have taken the skip tooth idea a bit to far...."
P1080544.JPG

Last edited:
Hanging up my file and welder for a while as I am heading away from the workshop for a few months.... I will have time to spend hours on the PC to recharge my creativity and get new ideas!

Latest posts

Back