OK guys...Lets see some cool bike art

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's 2 paintings of my bikes

2015rat0012-1.jpg

2015rat0030.jpg

This is a great thread! So much talent amongst our group, it's too bad you guys couldn't all come together for an exhibition someplace. I'd love to see all this art in person!

herr_rudolf said:
Thanks Mark!
These are painted in acrylics on cartboard that doesn't contain the usual paper-acids. 'illustrationboard'. I think that's what it's called... I love to make and see progressionpics, so hip hip hurray for the digital camera! I'd like to see yours sometime. Are you going to post them sometime soon on your blog?

Illustration board is probably my favorite surface to work on. I've been doing more work on watercolor paper because it works with a drum scanner. I'll probably post them up on my blog in the next week or so.

Chainsaw said:
This is a great thread! So much talent amongst our group, it's too bad you guys couldn't all come together for an exhibition someplace. I'd love to see all this art in person!

Yeah Chainsaw, and what about the bikes that would be parked outside the gallery... Now THAT would be awsome! ;-)

kram said:
herr_rudolf said:
Thanks Mark!
These are painted in acrylics on cartboard that doesn't contain the usual paper-acids. 'illustrationboard'. I think that's what it's called... I love to make and see progressionpics, so hip hip hurray for the digital camera! I'd like to see yours sometime. Are you going to post them sometime soon on your blog?

Illustration board is probably my favorite surface to work on. I've been doing more work on watercolor paper because it works with a drum scanner. I'll probably post them up on my blog in the next week or so.

Mark. It's always cool to see a fellow illustrator at work. I'll keep an eye on your blog.

Hey Spinman! I really like your Ratfink Stingray painting. That bike has some real attitude! And those 'stitch'-details in the 'Franky'-frame are really cool...

intro_2.jpg

^Hotrod Herrie (Hotrod Noise)

(sorry for posting this more than once, but I really feel it belongs in this topic more than in any other.. ;-)

A handmade aluminum oversized clothespin. Combined with the package it's an art piece I made for my exhibition at the Hotrod & Custom show SINS III a few years back. It's called 'Hotrod Herrie' (Dutch for 'Hotrod Noise'), and is my rather negative, in a 'tongue-in-cheek-kinda-way'- comment on hotrodding/kustom-kulture in Holland. Bringing it back to the Hotrod-essence: 'Boys with toys' and 'Mine's bigger then yours'. Because of the non-existend automobileculture in Holland I based it around all Dutchman's most popular form of transportation: The bicycle.

knijper_1.jpg

knijper_3.jpg

knijper_2.jpg

The clothespin is handmade out of a chunk of aluminium from an abandoned steelguitar-project. I just copied a wooden clothespin albeit with larger measurements.

mix_150.jpg

mix_151.jpg

mix_152.jpg

(These last three bicyclepics are just for fun. I'm not really using it on my bike...)

sport_168.jpg

^ Cartboardtracker

It's my latest. A painting of a girl on my bike. Finished just in time for the art exhibition at Rockin' Jalopy's Motorama. If you have the slightest interest in hotrods, you'd better check out my post about it. LOTS of pics. Mucho eyecandy. Drooling garanteed:

Click here for Rockin' Jalopy's Motorama

I've been doing art for a long time now, but have rarely gone into the bicycle realm with it. I'm inspired to try after reading this thread.

I did this as an idea for a T-shirt design last year:
COASTER-NOSTRA-1.gif

Quick photoshop of me at a bicycle rodeo:
whoops.jpg

Photoshop of the old version of my bike:
gowbomber.gif

And the kind of stuff I've been doing lately:
willys1web.gif

Rudolf, I love your stuff! Great, great, great! Sort of an American Retro feel with a definite Euro flair - you got an amazing talent there!
Where can we buy your stuff???

lucy_indo_w.jpg

1_ppsr_cat_shirt_w.jpg

Hammond Eggz said:
Rudolf, I love your stuff! Great, great, great! Sort of an American Retro feel with a definite Euro flair - you got an amazing talent there!
Where can we buy your stuff???

Thanks Hammond Eggz! :)
True. My main inspiration comes from American culture, most of it mid century. (Combined with Japanese animation, graffiti, shopwindow lettering, etc...)

I guess my designs from this post are still available at:
http://www.blendomatic.nl/catalog/index.php?cPath=95
Just click on my icon (Jeffrey Warlich)

Then there are my childrensbooks for different groups (in Dutch, ofcourse). Let's see if you can find all 5 on:
http://degestreepteboekjes.nl/website/R ... PageID=822
;-)

cheers,
Jeffrey.

A photo I took of a friend's custom built 29'er while were out on the Kokopelli trail last fall.

IMG_1250.jpg

And a concept for a lowrider I though about.

nightmarestudios1.jpg

Latest posts

Back