OK Klunkerz Bike Club

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to organize a bicycle club. Seems like most of the clubs I see here in Oklahoma are road bike oriented, not much out there for rat rod, cruisers, what have have you. Pm me if your in the area and have experience organizing rides or anything else, or if your part of a club and might be able to point me in the right direction

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was a group on FB called Rolling Art, but haven't seen much activity lately. I'm interested in a group ride. I live in Tuttle, not far from OKC.

Looking to organize a bicycle club. Seems like most of the clubs I see here in Oklahoma are road bike oriented, not much out there for rat rod, cruisers, what have have you. Pm me if your in the area and have experience organizing rides or anything else, or if your part of a club and might be able to point me in the right direction

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if your end game is quality over quantity, my advice would be join a existing club as a nomad. do research and find a club that best represents you. network with those members, build up a relationship with that club and prospect. it takes time to get into to right. that is what i did and it opened so many doors for me. you can work hard and get the scene around going, and start a chapter. and being a club member going to OBC is something special. you ever hear off OBC? largest custom bicycle party in the world. if not check that out and the clubs that go there.

I ride klunkers. We are fortunate here as we have so many bike clubs. A real bike town for a town of 16,000. The Wahoo Bicycle Club stated in the 1880 and is still going and has a Monday night ride. There is a weekly evening woman's ride. The local chief of police has a Tuesday night mb ride. Two bikes shops have Monday and Tuesday mb rides. There is a weekly time trial and road rides. There is a cyclocross club. There are a lot of annual rides sponsored by banks, breweries and bike shops. There are road bike groups, large annual vintage ride and mountain bike groups. I decided to ride my klunkers with one of 3 or 4 local mountain bike club that has Wednesday and Thursday evening rides year round. The first time I rode single track with them was 3 years ago and I took my fully decked out Schwinn Corvette. They tried to dissuade me from going with them but I went. Blue jeans, flannel shirt, flask and tennis shoes to their spandex, camelbaks and clipless pedals. I was way over dressed. I quit after 10 miles but that opened their eyes as to what could be done on a cruiser. I bent my pedals on that ride. I did a lot of sliding downhill with the coaster locked up, no front brake. That got them talken and opened their eyes to what a full fendered cruiser or klunker could do. In winter we fat bike on groomed trails and those that don't have fat bikes snowshoe on the trails. We go to the brew pub after. We ride about half the year with lights. Anyway, I started out by going to their rides with my klunkers. It is hard to keep up but they tolerated me. Now I am accepted. When I started no one knew what a klunker was or the origin of their sport. I ride a full suspension about half the time. We have A, B and C groups, depending on ability and get about 30 riders total in all the classes. I ride C with my klunkers and B with my full suspension. With a snow bike I ride C group. I think your best bet is to invade an active mountain bike club with your klunker. There has to be one somewhere near by in OK? They will end out enjoying your bike and respecting what you are doing. If there is no MB club you need to start one, it will bring in money to the community.

Latest posts

Back