Ok what would be a good price on this bike??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In Arkansas bombing the trails on a Dayton.
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have it listed in the 'for sale' section but no bites for 55$, is it priced wrong?
It is a 70s? Ross frame, and an ex-central park rental bike

ross1_zpsc5aca913.jpg

ross2_zps0e71049a.jpg

Stuff is slow moving all over lately. I usually figure a decent F/F/G is at least worth $50, the price of shipping has climbed a bit too which may make people less likely to bite knowing the cost.

it is tough to move parts these days
Jeremy is right shipping has caused a major setback because they got greedy sadly enough
what i found works is advertising which you have done so that's a plus
stay away from Craigslist that place is pretty useless
also look for swap meets if possible there are lots of people looking for exactly what you got at those places.
also check frequently in wanted section
hope that helps
sean

That looks like a 60's frame. The serial number should start with an R and then the first 2 digits are the year I believe. If it's a straight frame and forks, $55 would be good price.

yup i agree wildcat
i think the other issue is people don't realize how easily this can be built up
if you want to you can show my build to let people know how easy they can build them up i used all parts i had laying around
you can buy a donor bike at a thrift store for like 10 bucks and move the parts to this frame
bam price jumps iin value
i had my Hermie bike outside and someone offered me 75 bucks for it as it sits but i am still building it up
when i had just the frame no one wanted it
so people need to realize that they can build this frame into a sweet ride.
again hope its helpful
i will see if i can find a person that might want it as well i have a lot of customers looking for frames this ones a good deal at 55 bucks
Sean
0117131432_01_zps2fba9fcd.jpg

hers my Hermie same frame except mines a 1967 still a 4 bar you can use it to show people what that frame can look like if i will help
sean

maybe
it might work even if the parts are junk just so it's a complete bike.
it depends on the person whose looking for it and what they are looking for.
but if its built it might sell locally especially since the weather is here for biking.
its tough say outright but it couldn't hurt.
hope i can help
Sean

Latest posts

Back