Old # 3 With paint!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like LGB by worksman. They don't let you use a big back tire. I got a frame from
Chuck , and noticed that its almost the same frame as a LGB (cycle truck). I decided to
take the frame and widen the stays where it will use something wide. Then I built a long
neck tube and I have the fork that came on my LGB. So this should work good...I hope.
No stretching on this one so you don't loose the cool compact look. As soon as I get the
back finished , I will change the front to take the long fork tube.
DSCF0002-154.jpg

DSCF0002-153.jpg

Re: Old # 3

Nice...how wide are you thinking in the back? I've been giving this some thought myself but if it goes too wide, will the crank line up? Maybe weld in a wider shell?

Very nice Uncle Stretch 8) ....I always enjoy seeing these old Worksmans being given a cool new lease on life.

Terry I have it to 4 1/8'' right now. It will take an 88mm rim with about a big 1/4 space on each side.
I have my fingers crossed that the crank won't hit the frame. If it does , I will go with a 3 piece crank
and maybe widen it some. I think it will be alright. I widened it about 3/4'' on each side. I will
stick a crank in it and find out.....I always like surprises.
Yeah sleepy they are like a blank canvas. They are cheap enough that they are fun to play with.
If I messed this one up I will stretch it and build my usual stays and fix it. Just metal and the possibilities
are endless.
DSCF0001-186.jpg

DSCF0002-155.jpg

This one is just widening....is that a word?
I was going to cut the fork tube off and weld this long one on, but I have decided to
just add to the existing one. It keeps from messing with the lugs.

After a quick check with an old crank, I have about 3/8'' on both sides away from the chain stays.
It lines up good with the chain....nothing out of the ordinary. :D

DSCF0002-156.jpg

Love cycletrucks. Gonna be watching. Are u gonna have custom racks also or just the cycle truck look?

great looking bike. I've got a couple of those forks in the basement.Using the backhalves of two occ for my build so got two krusty forks

Yeah Froggy , I will find a 2'' wide 20'' rim for the front.

Thanks Migz ,I saw Outsider build the same one and have wanted one ever since. He has those cool z bars.
They are crazy to ride , all the neighbors will really stare at you trying to figure out what kind
of a bike it is. I love mine.

Here in cleveland the occ's r either $300 super rare collector items (Yea right) or old chopper bike kid outgrew it some rust $20. Guess which ones I get. Lots of nice parts to use however. The jesse james bikes run 20x3 tires(kenda flames) on regular 20 in rims. They also use a zoom front fork which I think r nicer than the occ front fork. I get these bikes for about $30 which is less than the tires alone cost. Well just some ideas.

Yeah froggy I had thought about an occ rear for my front, but they run the 4 1/4'' rim and that's
too big. if worse comes to worse, cycleus has the 3'' rim for $45. I might spring for one of them.
Still in the planning stage on this one.

Thanks Lucas. I hope it turns out like I plan. Still have to redo a fork to fit Chucks bike. Then hopefully
I can get back on this one.

Butch there isn't much talent involved in this one. I just wanted something that looks like a cycle truck
that will take some bigger tires. I really like my new one. It's been a long time since I had a new bike, and
I couldn't cut on it. Kinda silly, because I would be close to through by now.

froggy99 said:
Here in cleveland the occ's r either $300 super rare collector items (Yea right) or old chopper bike kid outgrew it some rust $20. Guess which ones I get. Lots of nice parts to use however. The jesse james bikes run 20x3 tires(kenda flames) on regular 20 in rims. They also use a zoom front fork which I think r nicer than the occ front fork. I get these bikes for about $30 which is less than the tires alone cost. Well just some ideas.

Wow here in the Dallas area ALL occ's are super cool, rare, and above all "collectable". The wwc's are just about as bad. Generally asking prices run around $100 min. for a road hard put up wet pile.

In Houston they run $400 for nice ones and $250 for used up ones. I thought they had gold
rims or something. They occasionally have the Jessy James ones and they are really high too. :cry:
:cry: :cry:

Latest posts

Back