Old German Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Girlfriends 1954 MIFA ...

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

notimuffe.jpg

1930 OPEL

Opel3.jpg

Opel2.jpg

Opel1.jpg

1956 GÖRICKE

14.jpg

13.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

Greetings from Germany

Christian :wink:

i think i had a german bike!!! i sold it but heres a pic...
l_a25f67a78c484102b55e69985802e06b.jpg
it was a 28" bicycle and looked 40"s or 50"s (i think) and the head badge said it was a "gazelle" and it had pinstriping on it and that told me it was a model "go-zelle" which was striped on the side of the frame on the top tube...it also has rod brakes only on the front and it had the remains of an old bell...it was just missing the cap...it also had a headlight and reflector (i kept both) and the reflector attaches to the tube above the rear dropouts which i thought was cool...it had some weird name on the coaster brake arm that i dont remember nor could make out...there was a picture stamped on it too and it looked like an eagle or something with its foot on a ball...oh and the back fender had lots of holes down the sides which tells me it had skirt gaurds...if anyone has any info about what this bike is and how much it was worth...it would be much appreciated...thanks! -teetsboy95

haha i know :D ITS THE BEST...mt=y aunt has a "78 mercedes and it is sweet! i also read somewgere that my bike might be dutch? not sure...it was pretty cool though...i paid $15 for it and it came out of my neighbor's garage attic lol

i hope so! if its anything like volkswagen we'll be set for life! because if they are like volkswagen...they wouldve made billions of them and they would last forever!!! GO VW!!!!!!!

That would have been cool. A vintage V-Dub with a vintage bike to go on the roof rack.....Can't get much better than that. :mrgreen:

Here is one of my oldest German bikes. I have an older Heidemann cruiser but it is in pieces. This bike is a 65 Steyr Thunderbird. It is a pretty rare muscle bike and one of my favorites. This makes me want to take this one for a ride some time tomorrow.

mybikes039.jpg

teetsboy95 said:
it kinda reminds me of a huffy because of the style of the crank. anybody else think so?

Huffy's first muscle bike was a black and white bike called the "Penguin". It was actually released before the Schwinn Stingray by a couple months but only in CA.It does have a similar chainwheel but it is a 3 piece crank. Pretty much all cantilever frame 20 inch muscle bikes look the same to me. The small details are the only thing that sets them apart. My favorite things on this bike are the hand painted factory pinstripes and the really unique polo seat.

mybikes043.jpg

mybikes046.jpg

mybikes047.jpg

mybikes041.jpg

I got an old German bike no where near old as those maybe round 30 years old I think just guessing really to be honest. Not sure if ya know the company Winora

Very cool bikes though

Latest posts

Back