Old mags - value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a guy that wants to buy these, looking to see what they are worth (if anything)

Front is a Troxel Trakmaster, rear has no marking but has a Suntour coaster hub.

both have been repainted

Photo0702.jpg

Photo0701.jpg

The problem is as they stand are mismatched and spray painted.The rear looks to be a metal flanged Skyway mag which you could sell no problem.Just too bad you dont have the matching front.The only way to appx a true value would be to take the flanges off to strip the paint then have the mag itself media blasted to check color and actual condition.The paint could be hiding cracks or defects.

bikejunkie said:
The problem is as they stand are mismatched and spray painted.The rear looks to be a metal flanged Skyway mag which you could sell no problem.Just too bad you dont have the matching front.The only way to appx a true value would be to take the flanges off to strip the paint then have the mag itself media blasted to check color and actual condition.The paint could be hiding cracks or defects.

They are both plastic. And both were repainted when I got them so I painted them to match. I have someone that wants to buy them, what should I tell him?

you gotta figure all the cost in the sale of the 2 mags rests on the rear mag.The paint on that mag will definetly kill the bigger dollars you might be able to get if its not cracked.But at this point its almost like you can get what you can get being mismatched and painted.

Last set I sold were good, no cracks, straight, little or no fading, but the bearings in the rear were shot (I didn't know at the time, and that is apparently why the bike got parked!). I got $20 for them and they were black Skyway Tuff Wheel II Mags. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back