Old....Newbie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to All. From the PNW (Old as in 63)and during the time off from Corona I got a bike project going. I have had an old Huffy Santa Fe...like Cranbrook sitting for years. Never built a project bike before and am loving the new found hobby. Frame was pretty good...few scratches..about it. Rims were old rusted chrome..bars were bad also. So Got new black beach bars,seat,grips. I had an old softride spring stem I put on also. Made a rear rack from an old inlaid O'Brian waterski,brass bell,Ruff Headbadge and a new set of rims with Shimano 3 speed. Not mounted in picture yet. Sandbox 26× 2.135 tires and a few odds and ends. Try to post pics. Also fixed up a early 90's Rock Hopper into a wide tire street ride.
20200518_195231.jpg
20200425_180651.jpg
20200518_195311.jpg

Last edited:
The only reason I got Yellow rims was the price...but looks alright. HBBC had the set on sale for 109.00. It was supposed to come with a KT 3 speed. But I got a bonus when they arrived with the Shimano Nexus. Cant beat that price!

You had me at the name Sublime, but the bevel cover is the crown jewel for me. Nice!

Is the headlight functional? I ask cuz I'm working on fixing an old headlite to run on 9 volt battery and led bulb. It will lite up but is just for effect mostly.
Yes..it takes 2 C cell batteris. 3 LED's Solid on or Flashing mode. They are all over Ebay. Nice retro look is it...I wont use it much.

Dig the yellow rims, and the 4 bar springer neck is cool too!

Lots of tasty details, hope you have a nice lock...

Latest posts

Back