OLD SPRINGER..FRAME...CAN I BRING IT BACK?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleL

Double L's Steel Crank'n Vintage Rustorations
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Found this at the rear of my new best friends house. Offered $20.00 and he said ...should be worth 25....I agreed. completely froze up of course.....discovered it had a locking fork. ......beautiful full coat of nature's finest finish!

Here it is about one week later.. Took a little work putting in new bearings...new front struts...new spring bolt and cleaning up a rim set for the cremes I bought from a friend at the last area bike show for 40.00 bucks.

Several years ago I came up with a really really cool way of recycling old balloon butyl- rubber inner-tubes I have been throwing away. The olk-skool Lawson-lace...just spiral cut an old 26inch (or others) inner tubes using hand scissors and it will give you over 35 feet of usable 1 inch wide rubber for wrapping everything from tool handles....handlebars.....handgrips... and of course I figure-eight wrapped my bars on all of my cruisers.. for a unique, distinct sport'n look. What do you think about it? Easy to do after a little practice. This bike was almost entered in the build-off.

You could web up a lot of different areas on bike frames for a cool look.....It also quiets down any vibrations,,,,,,I say....."lace it to race it!"

I call it the "Rustafarian" cruiser!

Latest posts

Back