Olds Cool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheels, taillights and a decorative theme piece are what came in the mail yesterday.

Mounted a set of Kenda Kraze tires I've had laying around awhile. They filled out nicely on the 57mm rims. Gives the tire an almost square look, which it what I wanted. Front tire clearance is TIGHT!
Did the first mock up with the wheels/tires and borrowed the seat and bars from my Vagabond.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Doc T.....the wheels are 26"x57mm. The tires are 26x2.125. They're a little weird to mount because of their soft sidewalls, but not difficult. I don't think they'd look as good on a narrower rim personally. That's probably why I've had these on stand by all this time.

I hope that front wheel is true to a T.
Not much on the sides in that front...
Bikes is lookin great.

This is fat! Or is that phat?! Love the big squared black tire look along with my other favorite color....rust! Nice work!

Doc T.....the wheels are 26"x57mm. The tires are 26x2.125. They're a little weird to mount because of their soft sidewalls, but not difficult. I don't think they'd look as good on a narrower rim personally. That's probably why I've had these on stand by all this time.
Same here, now I know that I'll need some wider rims for them. Being that they are out of production now, I'm gonna put them in a plastic tub to store them until the day comes.
Cheers buddy, keep building this awesome bike!
Dr. T

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your builds never disappoint. This one is looking BAD!!!!

I started breaking down "Olds Cool" so I can start cleaning the frame to oil it. Wouldn't ya know it......even after soaking in PB Blaster for a week or more, the darn left pedal doesn't want to come out! This thing must've sat outside for a looong time. Time for the cutting wheel! I wasn't going to use this crank anyway. One of the screws for the tank wont budge either. That sucks.... I really need to remove it so it can all be cleaned & prepped properly and for other reasons. I don't want to strip the screw head and don't want to drill it out. It wouldn't look right with a replacement screw in its place. :headbang:

Last edited:
Those handle bars look good on that bike not sure if there original but my guess is not .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seiss lights I got a few years ago. I started working on them then, but they've been storage for the past three years.
Lightkit1-vi.jpg

I had started cleaning one and found out they're brass:
Seisslightcleaning-vi.jpg

Harbor Freight LED spot/work lights:
SeissLEDlightconversion001-vi.jpg

Disassembled and removed the outer flange seen here:
SeissLEDlightconversion005-vi.jpg

Fit right in!
SeissLEDlightconversion007-vi.jpg

Each light will have a mini toggle switch mounted in the existing hole where the original wire came out. Battery will be mounted inside each light housing for power.

Latest posts

Back