Olive Oil

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last batch of parts arrived today!
Hoping one of these crank-mount kickstand gizmos works!
Will review later.
88135BAF-E90E-4C81-B562-C89982D393AA.jpeg

A little more than I wanted to spend on a sprocket (frugal dude) but am really impressed with the look and the quality.
FAB1FDCA-38EF-4D4C-A64A-D6E8CBEE0D40.jpeg

I've never seen the Cool Stand before. I have seen the Topeak one, be interesting to see if it handles the weight that is stretched more than the typical 26" bikes they were initially designed to be used with.

Do you remember my 'clamp stand' I used on One-Liner? I got a large spring clamp, and clamped the pedal axle with it, and then braced it on the two long arm ends set on the ground. I was just thinking, what if you used one on each pedal and had the pedals in the 9 and 3 positions, and then they would brace off each other. :eek: Might work?

Do you remember my 'clamp stand' I used on One-Liner? I got a large spring clamp, and clamped the pedal axle with it, and then braced it on the two long arm ends set on the ground. I was just thinking, what if you used one on each pedal and had the pedals in the 9 and 3 positions, and then they would brace off each other. :eek: Might work?
I will have to look that up for reference. The brain does not retain

It seems mine isn't so RaT-ainable either. :doh:
I used it on Four-gone Conclusion. Found a few pics in my archive. Of course, this was a smaller, lighter weight bike, and it held it up fine for photos and quick stops but it relied on nobody coming over to touch it or bump it. :wink1:

Anyway....
20160913_130703.jpg
20160917_104903.jpg

On the bright side, other than the kickstand failures, Olive Oil is about wrapped up! A headlight might be cool if I find the right thing, but for the most part, I think I’m about done as far as the build off goes.
View attachment 101114
View attachment 101115
I'm envious. We have the same HD paint schemes picked out but it's looking questionable whether I will get mine done or not.:(
Looks great!

It seems mine isn't so RaT-ainable either. :doh:
I used it on Four-gone Conclusion. Found a few pics in my archive. Of course, this was a smaller, lighter weight bike, and it held it up fine for photos and quick stops but it relied on nobody coming over to touch it or bump it. :wink1:

Anyway....
View attachment 101126 View attachment 101125

Thanks for the pics! I ended up going through nearly all 18 pages of One-Liner's post last night!
That's a cool idea but I think this build is too long. It's only about 6 inches shorter than my Huffy Daisy Daisy tandem!

I've seen people use Nuvo clamp on kickstands on some stretches. I think the trick is to dill a hole for a set screw to keep it from rotating around the tubing.

27067291_10215884726819836_3187826057769327997_n.jpg

Nice bike and finish, with the custom frame it seems like a Class 2 bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right .
Rules specify ,, Factory Manufactured : Frame and Fork.

Nice bike:cool2:
Just misplaced class.

I totally agree. This is a killer bike either way but I do think it’s a class 2 only because it’s not a factory style frame like the class 1 perimeters call for. I totally get that he didn’t do the work himself but any of us could just go buy some Frankenstein frame in the future just as long as we didn’t do the actual fabrication ourselves it’s class 1 legal. I think that just takes away from the old school rat style of mixing and matching factory bike pieces to make a true rat bike like people did years ago, which I think is the spirit of class 1. Either way I’m a fan of this bike, I love the theme!

Latest posts

Back