OM flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice...an adult sized BMXer.

Hummm...That genre isn't represented in my collection. A friend of mine is a PK ripper fanatic, restored several. He had to move far away because of lack of affordable housing in Calgary :cry: .

Make sure you get it nice and dirty...

Ffejtech said:
I found one that is only 5 hours away, one way, and they will ship it if I want... I think I will make the drive, just for a road trip, turn it into an overnight stay- trip with the girlfriend....

Congratulations! It looks good in pictures but it doesn't compare to seeing it in person, especially in sunshine! Have a safe trip! :mrgreen:

I'm thinking of making a poor-man's BMX cruiser, take a specialized hard rock classic, very small frame, just about the same angles as this one, and add BMX parts to it.

Alright, I'll be short and sweet. After deciding that I need to step up from a 20" (I'm 25 and feel like a kid on it) I've been looking for a cruiser for the past couple of weeks. So I find the 07 om flyer and I decide I gotta have it. Problem is, I didnt realize it was limited. So after google i found this topic and looks like some people have found it within a week or so. WHERE DID YOU GET IT??? Ive been calling all day in my area (Seattle, WA) and no dice. If you know a shop that's willing to ship, help a brother out.

davej said:
Alright, I'll be short and sweet. After deciding that I need to step up from a 20" (I'm 25 and feel like a kid on it) I've been looking for a cruiser for the past couple of weeks. So I find the 07 om flyer and I decide I gotta have it. Problem is, I didnt realize it was limited. So after google i found this topic and looks like some people have found it within a week or so. WHERE DID YOU GET IT??? Ive been calling all day in my area (Seattle, WA) and no dice. If you know a shop that's willing to ship, help a brother out.

Maybe consider the bike that Curtis is selling.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2461

Hey all, I did not get an OM flyer yet, but did find this while shopping for one....
P1010025-1.jpg

P1010029.jpg

This kind of blew my budget for an OM flyer for awhile, but I will have one soon... Over on the Vintage BMX forums, The fairly official rumor is, is that the '08 FM flyers are gonna be more old school, a looptail frame, candy red, with gold annodized parts... rumored to be a little shorter fork and just a rear brake, less MTB and more BMX... NICE!!!!

Oh man that is seriously sweet....although, for some strange reason I'm craving a happy meal now. :lol:

Yep, the Happy meal reference is pretty funny... I love the gold anodizing myself, I am not too sold on the yellow tires, I will have to see them in person, I allready got a set of black gumwall comp 3 type tires for it.... :mrgreen:

Ffejtech said:
Yep, the Happy meal reference is pretty funny... I love the gold anodizing myself, I am not too sold on the yellow tires, I will have to see them in person, I allready got a set of black gumwall comp 3 type tires for it.... :mrgreen:

I'll take the Yellow Tires if they are up for sale!!!!

PM me if yaa want to Part with em,

Thanks,
Kev.

This past Saturday I saw my first OM and BM flyers at a shop in Houston. That OM rocked.....and the price was $455

I did buy a 2003 SE PK Ripper frame on Sunday morning for $118 shipped......I can't wait for it to arrive. Of course, I'll also need to buy some more parts....like 3 piece cranks, a light fork, and decent pedals. :?

Hey Kev, I will let you know if I get a 2008 OM flyer, and if I want to part with the yellow tires, Ed at Coloredtuffs.com is going to stock the tires also, I did just buy a 2006 black OM Flyer today, I might still get a 2008 when they come out....

Such a cool bike. looks good with the Plate.

My LBS just got another one of these in the other day.

Hey all, haven't posted here in a while, I got my 08 OM Flyer today, this thing is really sweet looking in person! Very retro looking, much more "BMX" than any of the last few years versions. The gold and red together are very nice looking, I am not so sure about the yellow tires yet, I will live with them for now. Here's some pics....
P1010007-1.jpg

P1010005-1.jpg

I put a gumwall comp3 type tire on the front as a test, I might have to go this route with it, I think it looks good this way, I also have some red tires I am gonna try, here's a shot with the black tire....
P1010002.jpg

Latest posts

Back