on the low low!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey peeps... need some opinions on my trike build.

i've had a trail mate regal sitting around for a while because we weren't happy with the frame design (square tubing and no character at all)... but i recently found out that i could remove the rear end, so now im looking into hookin it up to one of our cooler frames.

i wanna pair it up with a standard cruiser (cantilever) frame but after attaching the two i noticed that they didnt match up very well. with the standard fork and 24" wheel, the frame sits very high compared to the trike rear end.

so, im looking to get more of a low profile. it's looks ok when i put on a 20" wheel but i'd like to see if i cant get it a little lower and use a 24". i'm considering beinding the forks and have read the how to on that. i was also considering running a shorter fork. maybe i can do both, shorter fork + bending.

what do you guys think? any other suggestions? sorry no pics right now cause im at work.

ok... here's the pic with the 20" front wheel. i'd really like to get a couple inches lower with a 24"

DSCN1031.jpg

You could use a 26'' bent springer and a 24'' wheel and it should lower it about right. another solution is to cut a notch in the top tube and bend it so the head tube has more rake but that would require some welding.

yeah... it would be great to rake out the head tube but id have to pay to get it welded.

i've thought about doing the bent springer but im not sure its gonna fit the style quite well. im goin for a motorcycle style. id love to put a triple tree fork on there, but that would end up making sit too high.

Latest posts

Back