Opinions of Water-Based Spray Paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if any of you guys have tried the water-based rattle can spray paint? I picked up some Aervoe brand rust proofing paint at the local discount store, but wasn't really impressed with it. It seems like there might be durability, issues with it and it takes a long time to dry. Granted I didn't spend a lot of time prepping since it was more of a test run on a cheap frame, but I did follow the directions and allowed more than the recommended drying time. I am curious if anybody has any miles on this type of paint job and how it has held up? Also, how is the regular Aervoe brand as far as durability? It seems like the discount store always has a few colors sitting around.

I remember someone posting about automotive water based paint, with a pic of a flamed hood I think? Never used it myself, I'm diehard lacquer.

"sensor" painted a bike with automotive water based paint i believe, send him a pm if he doesnt chime in, im sure he'd give you his opinion on it.

Yeah I saw the thread about the automotive paint when I did a search. I thought since you weren't messing around with spraying equipment, the rattle can stuff might turn out acceptable. I wouldn't go out of my way to use it again.

if you are talking about the krylon H20 paint i would tell you what i really think of it but first this is a kid friendly forum and second you would not be able to read it. a friend wanted a frame done in a special blue that is only done in this paint. it came out like snot i kid you not and no matter if i warmed it up it would not work right even shooting in 100 degree weather. i thought it was a bad can of paint so i got another and it did the same thing. they are fun to shoot though with a shot gun :D

This was Aervoe brand. They make regular and water based versions of the same colors. I found out it wants to come out a little snotty as well. Didn't realize it was water based until I read the can closer when I got home. I also have my doubts about durability. I guess I need to pay a little more attention while checking out the 99 cent surplus spray paint!

It is mostly name brand surplus in colors that didn't sell very well. Just have to check it out regularly, since the stock is always changing. Been a lot of orange lately.

Just my random thought, but if it dont kill ya or make you stupid it dont work good. I have to get lead base certified to work on houses made before 1978. What a bunch of . You fill in the blank.

Latest posts

Back