(ORBO) "Jane" (Formerly Raceliner)-New Paint and Assembly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a whole lot tonight. A lot of work to cap the fork legs off though! Tig'd, ground smooth, hand filed until they looked good and even, and a few coats of primer. Just pics of after. Cant stop to photo in between these steps or ill get distracted.

Also got this pic of the frame up on the table with the kickstand on. Got the battery pack for the headlight on where it's out of the way. Got an upper stay bridge in. And I think the final color i decided on for this thing is going to be plain ol' Flat Black since it's going to get beat on. Also decided to name the build "Jane" since its going to look plain when its all done due to my color choice.

Got mostly everything assembled. Cranks should be in tomorrow. Shifter cable is ran through the frame. Not feeling the cable to the headlight being zip tied to the top tube so might move the battery back to the front. Seat estimated to be here Monday. Cant wait to be riding...

Very nice I did not release O/8 made a leather saddle if its like the rest of there products most be top notch [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming in hot!! I finished another full custom build this week and with time running out and parts unavailable and others that wont ship in time for deadline I had to improvise a little. Needed a layback seat post but didnt have one on hand so i modded the frame and was able to use the all aluminum rail post i had. Also needed a shorter length stem for closer reach and couldnt find any without running a quill stem to use the bars i wanted so rigged a temporary setup that might just stay. Before i new it i was slapping primer on it and decided to go Poppy Red and i love how it came out. Few minor details and some tuning and i can call it done!!

NIce Ly done! Black and red, fat rims / tire combo, fork and bars, and custom seatmount...?! Very Rat-isfying indeed! :41:
Just curious, which model saddle is that Origin 8 ? I see one of those in my future for sure!

Latest posts

Back