(ORBO) Mesa Büggie : BACK40 Old and New = Rat-isfaction! pg 7

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the bike. It looks great in our Sonoran Desert.
sdframe, Tucson
Hey! Yeah, really had fun with it today. We are coming to ride a new path with my aunt and uncle on Tuesday in Oro Valley. Supposed to be nice and warm next week!

Awesome Video.

That bike looks like a really Sweet ride. Love the big rubber, color, the whole thing fits together well. I'm glad you went with the darker bars on it, it adds to the look!. Excellent work OJ!!

Building... riding...

Lee, you killed it and in typical break-neck speed fashion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah Rob, once I get going it's like a downhill mtb ride...I can't stop till I get to the bottom of it! Thanks for the support!

Awesome Video.

That bike looks like a really Sweet ride. Love the big rubber, color, the whole thing fits together well. I'm glad you went with the darker bars on it, it adds to the look!. Excellent work OJ!!

Building... riding...
Thanks MC! My passion is with off-road bikes, and I really enjoyed riding this simple but effective off-road machine. Reminded me of when I first started racing mtb's back in '87, except that fatty 4.0 up front really helps suck up the bumps compared to those fully rigid 1.95 equipped steeds of old!

Thanks MC! My passion is with off-road bikes, and I really enjoyed riding this simple but effective off-road machine. Reminded me of when I first started racing mtb's back in '87, except that fatty 4.0 up front really helps suck up the bumps compared to those fully rigid 1.95 equipped steeds of old!
Agree, great for bumps, and great for deeper sand and deep gravel, even mid sized 5" river and broken rock. The wider tire really expands the rideable area.

New outlook, go over instead of around... ;-)

Watch out for cactus! Thorn shields a must in the desert. The right cactus can decimate a tube beyond repair... o_O

Building... riding...

Dodging all the cactus for sure! Just here for a couple more weeks this year @metalchewy , but next year we will have to rendezvous for a ride somewhere in between Mesa and Las Vegas.....how far to Mesquite, NV for you? We have friends that are there for the winters. Give us another reason to head up that way!

Nice job!!! I too am a snowbird and really enjoy riding here as well as in WI.

Want to give some props to Chad at @slowriderz and his Chop Shop for the lay back seat post I have on my build. Ordered one for my August klunker build, Desert Sky, and liked it so much I had to have it for Mesa Buggie! They are solid, and hold up well under "heavy" use...:grin: Check 'em out!

IMG_20160203_151010.jpg

IMG_20160203_150452.jpg

Well it looks like you pulled it off came out really nice looks like it should handle the terrain well . [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am jealous of that seat post. Nice addition! I Was just thinking that i wanted one for my build on Sunday when I was riding.

Bike is looking great OJ.!

Building... riding...

I am jealous of that seat post. Nice addition! I Was just thinking that i wanted one for my build on Sunday when I was riding.

Bike is looking great OJ.!

Building... riding...
He knows a guy [emoji4]

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Thanks all. Really like how this bike rides and performs in the dirt / sand / rock. Fits me well, and that seat post has a lot to do with it. Wide moto-x bars feel good in the rough stuff, and for a afternoon cruise on the bike paths. But the off-road trail is where she really shines....
12666313_1285427744816715_709202709_n.jpg

Thanks all. Really like how this bike rides and performs in the dirt / sand / rock. Fits me well, and that seat post has a lot to do with it. Wide moto-x bars feel good in the rough stuff, and for a afternoon cruise on the bike paths. But the off-road trail is where she really shines....
View attachment 17350
Great pic!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back