(ORBO) SkiTrap finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fv2

Reaction score
718aab2e2a1c5e8db00491df3b2f6a1f.jpg
43c649213a43b98be3a76d070ec66fe5.jpg

4d16865faab9462705f5de8957c7a864.jpg

e322cf879dd24673020301263cd2cdcd.jpg

4710c107b3d68bce69bcc2406ba5dec0.jpg

So this is my attempt at the off road build.

I started with a mid 60's Ross frame, commander I think is what @CRASH called it.
I added some worksman wheels I got from @ind-chuckz, tho I didn't intend to use them on this build. I added a 3 piece crank from a Tony Hawk freestyle bike, forks were original to the Dayton Empire Kustom I'm using for Air Force Too.

The saddle is from a box store mtn. bike, seat post from a ladies dragstripper, threadless block stem thing is Jesse James chopper and the bars I'm not sure about, just had them laying around.

I put it all together in one day, I can ride it on the street, dirt, hills, and with the ski attachment it does well in the snow.
Build thread is here
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/orbo-skitrap.96391/

Last edited by a moderator:
Great compilation of parts and ingenuity. Loved the ski adaptation with the studded rear tire. Truly a versatile bike for all conditions. And the color combos of black and chrome / silver really give it a tight fit and finish. Well done!:41:

Thanks guys, to be honest I really didn't plan on doing this build off. But I kept seeing the cool stuff everyone else was doing, then oddjob kinda challenged me, and I'm glad he did. Riding this thing reminds me of my bmx days as a kid, granted this is nowhere near the trickstar or auburn I rode back then; but it's still fun.

Riding this thing reminds me of my bmx days as a kid, granted this is nowhere near the trickstar or auburn I rode back then; but it's still fun.
:thumbsup: My Mastersports build is the same, love riding it!

Luke.

Right, this is the only bike that reminds me of being a kid. The rest are cool and fun, but not quite like this.
Hehe, I know what you mean. Growing up where I did, I am more at home with the BMX Style off road. Bombed out full sized are awesome!!

The other styles are cool and fun, but these feed the Cooler side of my mind for the Off road riding fun.... and when you climb on one and start riding... [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Great job on the Finish.!!

Building... riding...

Very cool! If I saw that on the trail, I'd wanna chat and take a look at that! Nicely done, clean and sexy build.

ya hung her on the fish hook yet? Just curious....

I love that you put those indestructible Worksman wheels on it. Nice bike!

That frame makes a cool looking klunk! If your anywhere near a Marco's pizza put in an order for delivery for me I love that pie sad when they closed here in AZ :thumbsup:
The closest Marcos I can think of is in an area flatter than here, it'd be a long ride with nothing to ramp off of.

I love that you put those indestructible Worksman wheels on it. Nice bike!
Thanks George, I got the wheels for a different project. But I figured if I'm gonna build an off road bike, I better use something strong and light. The worksmans fit the bill just right.

Back