Ordered Me Up A New Single Speed Road Bike,...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Vilano Drift. All the reviews seem to be pretty good on it, chromoly frame, looks pretty sweet. Been wanting another single speed for a while now and this one was priced pretty good. I ordered the 54cm because It has a 30" standover and that is perfect for me. Love the bright green color, matches my Kawasaki dirt bike. :mrgreen:

Also ordered me a taller bar, these are 3.5 inch tall, as well as a killer set of GT Locking Grips. Should be quick with the 46/16 gearing, This is gonna be my speed street race machine. 8)

You will enjoy the single speed. it is so much quieter and more responsive than a derailleur bike.

wheelbender6 said:
You will enjoy the single speed. it is so much quieter and more responsive than a derailleur bike.
Definately, I love the simplicity of it, simple form and function. Just like the original diamond frame bikes from way back in the day. :D

Just make sure your brake cables are long enough to accommodate the taller bars. :wink:

outskirtscustoms said:
Just make sure your brake cables are long enough to accommodate the taller bars. :wink:
Yea, got the bike in today and that was the first thing I thought of, I have some spare brake cables just in case I needed to change one. I think it will be good to go though with the one that came with it, the bars on the bike actually have about a 1-1/2 to 2" rise on them, not straight like the one in the stock pic, with a little extra cable. Tracking shows the bars making it here tomorrow. For a 54cm, the bike feels very large, I'm really glad now that I didn't go with the 58cm, it would have been to big I think, this one is absolutely perfect. Bike is very nice, fit and finish is tight and clean, everything adjusted and dialed in super smooth and dead on. Wheels are lazer straight and everything is perfectly centered just the way I like it. I am really happy with the bike with just the few miles I put on it today. That Lime Green is SICK!!! I Love it. 8)

Latest posts

Back