Oregon Classic and Antique Bicycle Swapmeet, 9/14/19

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyGold

Epic Level Bike Hoarder! 🏆
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm not affiliated with this event, but, I'll be there. It is essentially the replacement to the Iron Ranch Swapmeet. I don't know why our few meager Oregon events don't get advertised on RRB...but, here it is in case a random PNWer sees it and can attend :grin:.

...as a fringe benefit, museums entrance included in admission. If you haven't been here, there are several museums, and a blacksmith shop, and many outside displays over several acres. Tons of neat stuff to see.

SWAP.jpg

Didn't take any pics, I was too busy flitting from booth to booth trying to maximize what deals I could afford. You can check out thecabe thread to get an idea of what was there and how big...pretty good for a '1st Annual'.

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/o...le-swap-meet-coming-soon.157932/#post-1070771

See...I got a pair of vintage allstate balloon tires, and a set of used repop Typhoon balloon tires. A schwinn springer in not-perfect but very useable condition. What I believe is a prewar Colson fork. A couple NOS badges (Winton Eagle (Manton & Smith) & Wheel Goods (schwinn, I believe)). I tried to fight off a twin tube Rollfast frame/fork that I passed on at $7, passed again at $5...and then about an hour later, got approached to take it for free, so I gave him $5 :grin:...it came with schwinn mag sprocket and cranks and a front rack. I think that is it. I forgot about a Dana 3spd I was going to pick up...but, I think I can get a hold of him and get it if he still has it.

edit: forgot, pair of 'pro-series' mongoose 26" rims of an ATB...well used, but look straight-ish and they were cheap.

There were plenty of great stuff...plenty of great deals...and even some great stuff for great deals. I, however, was limited by budget and space this go around. If I wasn't, I would have probably came home with two or three completes, and ten or so frames...maybe next year :thumbsup:.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back