out taking more pictures at cherokee strip museum in arkansas city kansas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well I was out with the wife trying to decide where to go to take more pictures and she told me about this place called Cherokee strip museum which is a museum dedicated to the land back in the day so it is a cool piece of history as well as a col spot for pictures.
here is the Wikipedia interpretation of what the museum is about
The Land Run of 1893, also known as the Cherokee Strip Land Run, marked the opening to settlement of the Cherokee Outlet, in what would become the U.S. state of Oklahoma. The run began at noon on September 16, 1893, with more than 100,000 participants hoping to claim land. The land offices for the run were set up in Perry, Enid, Woodward, and Alva with over 6.5 million acres (26,000 km²) of land. It was the largest land run in United States history.[1]

The counties of Kay, Grant, Woods, Woodward, Garfield, Noble, and Pawnee, were named following the run. Prior to the run, these seven counties had been assigned the letters K-Q, respectively. Upon Oklahoma's statehood in 1907, four additional counties (Alfalfa, Ellis, Harper, Major) were created in the Cherokee Outlet using existing land from Woods, Kay, and Woodward counties.[2]
well here are the pics
enjoy.
the first one was in front of this old jail from the 1800's man that had to stink being in that thing

old rusty wagon and old rusty bike I like the theme

old schoolhouse sorry I couldn't get a better pic of it.

inside the old schoolhouse

lil different but still same building

this picture my wife told me I should do and I love it it's a perfect backdrop for this bike.

another shot in front of the old barn

got some spectators wondering what was going on they wanted nothing to do with me but were friendly to my wife guess it si true animals can sense evil lol

in front of the chicken coop the chickens were not in there but tiw as a cool photo opportunity

better angle

really digging this one my wife likes it too the welcome sign is made of old horseshoes mounted to the wagon wheel

in front of the museum

hope y'all enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed taking the pictures

Latest posts

Back