Outer 'burbs of Sydney

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some pics to give you an idea of where Im at :D I live in Penrith, which is an outer suburb of Sydney. Basically Im 1hr drive out of the Sydney CBD.

My place (gotta love street view :lol: )
house.jpg

Looking up my street
house2.jpg

The main street for the area (must be late on a weekend, the place looks deserted!)
highst.jpg

5 minutes from me is the Nepean River where I go kayaking
401733951_ee655436f5.jpg

If I head an hour east I'll be in Sydney. Here's some of my arty pics from in there:
1.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

34.jpg

29.jpg

36.jpg

And if I head an hour West of my place, Im in world heritage national park in the blue mountains
2178000-Travel_Picture-Blue_Mountains_National_Park.jpg

blue_mountains.jpg

kanangra-walls.jpg

(needless to say, there is some awesome mt biking in the blue mountains! :p )

Beautiful country!.....Your suburbs look a lot like here in the States, EXCEPT you all live on the wrong side of the street, according to the direction your cars are driving! :roll:

makes me wanta move to aus.... the blue mountains look awesome

They sure are. The terrain stops the houses, and there's plenty of fire trails in case of bushfires. The main touristy spots get packed, but its not hard to find pristine bits with bugger all people.

(not my pics) Its a pretty sweet place to ride
2690815625_420a73883c.jpg

wallpaper-narrowneck-biking-1024.jpg

BM218-Blue-Mountains-ash.jpg

Beautiful country!.....Your suburbs look a lot like here in the States, EXCEPT you all live on the wrong side of the street, according to the direction your cars are driving

:lol: :lol: We drive on the wrong side of the road to confuse tourists. Works for us fine :wink: When we've had people from overseas visit, the things that stand out is we have 2 external doors - a solid wood door to close during winter, and a mesh screen door so we can open house up during Summer and not let the flies in. The other thing that stands out is we dont have basements or cellars. I dont know why, we just dont!

That pic with the mist is Blue Gum Forrest, its absolutely gorgeous :D Been in there a few times hiking, one heck of a walk up out of there though. There are wild horses in there, they look beautiful but do a lot of damage :? One night we were camping in there, there was a massive storm. You could hear the gusts of winds coming as they ravaged the canopy, it was like a freight train rumbling through. :shock:

Here's a few pics from todays ride

Local theatre
Image052.jpg

And a great track alongside the river
Image041.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image016.jpg

Image015.jpg

Latest posts

Back