Outlaw Soapbox Video, Freakbike Militia Style

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a link to the Freakbike Militia Outlaw Soapbox Derby Event.
For a first time event it turned out alright, 11 racers, crazy cars and no trips to the E.R. :D
It's the only hill we have ('cept the bridges over the intracoastal) it was a Landfill converted to a County Park. We did what we could with what we had.
We had speed trials and I checked speeds with the use of my sons Hot Wheels Radar gun. Then we put the cars into brackets and ran 'em down to the finals.
YoYo won on the wooden cart called "SPLINTER" and I had top speed on the Belly Bomb (28mph) but he beat me on the start of our heat and won :x

Hope you enjoy the silliness, Kenny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmh1bNO1rzA

:mrgreen:

That looked like a lot of fun. The belly bomber looks pretty intense. I would be afraid of going headfirst into someones tires. I love that PRIMUS was used as the music they are my favorite band ever.

Les Claypool is the man!!! Long Live PRIMUS :D
The BellyBomb was exciting to say the least, when's the last time you were really scared?
I know mine was when I was going face first down that hill, with the "what if" factor in the back of my head.
Can't wait until next time, got an even dumber idea! LOL

The last time I was really scared would have to be last September when my friends and I went to Mont Ste Anne in Quebec. It's not a very big mountain but it's steeper and more gnarly than anything we had ridden before. We were on rented bikes and in unfamiliar terrain but all I wanted to do was go faster. There were some sections of rock that you would have a real hard time walking down never mind riding down on a bike those sections where super intense. All you can think is "please don't let me flip over the bars onto those sharp rocks." It was scary fun and I can't wait to go back this fall.

Whats your even dumber idea? :shock:

I can't just come out and tell ya, that'd be no fun!

I don't have the prpoer peices yet, but I do Have the name already............

"THE PIGGLY WIGGLY EXPRESS"

:mrgreen:

Hey Maddog, that was only a few of the crazies.
A few didn't get their cars done in time, one guy got chicken pox and a few others just wanted to see how it was going to pan out, and they said they can't wait to get started!!!
Looks like the next one is going to be even more crazy! :shock:
I heard of some of the new builds and I cannot wait to see 'em!!!!!!

Looks like big fun. Were going to try to do that here in June at the old soapbox derby hill. I got to get busy and build my G-racer. Can you give away any secrets to making a fast G-racer? Piggly-Wiggly... Isnt that a grocery store or a bakery? Seeing some of your creations I can just imagine..... Dangerous Dan

Here is a hint.... 8)

cart1.png

I thought so. The GF, Starsparker, will love it, she collects old shopping carts, she has 4 or 5, and were going to build a bike using one of them. I've seen bikes made from them, but not a G-racer, WILD. Should be dangerous, I like it. Dangerous Dan

Latest posts

Back