Outlaws Superbe SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok all, here it is. my superbe b/t is almost finish. i still have some touch up to do, so ya it's done. heres the pic. enjoy. the bike rides really good an is very comforable. i like it. yahoo.
JWSMOCKUPBIKES119.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES120.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES121.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES122.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES123.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES124.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES125.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES126.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES127.jpg

and this is my first ride.ya ya ya
JWSMOCKUPBIKES128.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES129.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES130.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES131.jpg

ok thats it for now

Outlaw :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Outlaws Superbe B/T done

Looks GREAT! Fits ya like a glove! :mrgreen:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. great job. Thats what i call a rat. Love your work !!! Bartleydad

thanks all. still have to paint the upper truss bars, thay'll be black an put my red brick pedals on.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

yeah, the seat take alittle getting used to an so far it is quite comfortable. will see when i ride longer on it.lol

Man, that looks great!
I really like the way Raleigh cuts their peacock(?) logo shape into their front sprockets.

Nice work!

well i needed a road bike, so i changed the superbe out. the bike weight in at about 35 lbs. i liked riding it but i wanted something lighter and faster, sooo this is what i did to it. it now weights in at 25#s and it rides even better then before. the rims i drilled holes in them and got some red tape to wrap the rims in so when ya look you can see the red i think it looks pretty kool. i need to get some nicer brake handles for it. so here is the new Superbe.

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

also have to get some new grips too. well hope ya all like the new look.

Outlaw

Re: Outlaws Superbe turned roadbike

you gotta love old raleighs. i have a 68' superbee 3speed myself, all original, working but i wish i could replace it's 26x1 3/8 skinny tires with fatties. i have those exact same tires on my 59' amf cruiser, but in blackwall (nice tires). this decides it, i got a diamond frame 90' huffy stone mountain bike that i converted into a single speed. think i will either make a bomber out of it or a fastback/low rider. winter is a good time for these types of things. love the bike and i bet it rides like silk.

thanks. yeah this bike rides good either way.at work i get to ride alot of different bike, all the latest stuff, carbon roadies and they are all nice but when i get on this bike i just wonder why, this bike is so sweet and i bet i don't even have $75.00 in it. now that it has gone on a diet and the gearing i have in it, yes i can out spin it but man this bike is fast. big hills well i got to walk em but hey i am old and need that type of excerize too.lol

Outlaw

roadmaster, those rims are from a 26 mtb. alum. i just painted em and put on those 1.25 tires. when the bike was a B/T i also had a set of 26 rims from a mtb and put those red brick fatties on it. i don't like the original rims that come with these bikes. to hard to find tires for em, so i use 26 mtb alum. rims. works real good and they are way liter.

Outlaw

this bike ain't done yet. am putting on a carbon 700 front fork. will go to 700 rims. if i get a 36 hole 700 rim i'll put a 3 speed or a 2 speed kick back in it with a coaster brake. if i had a 3speed coaster brake i would use that. will post pic's when i start changing things around.

Outlaw

OUTLAW said:
yeah, the seat take alittle getting used to an so far it is quite comfortable. will see when i ride longer on it.lol

............yeah the seat............ :shock:

I can't get used to it just looking at it. :oops:

Nice job on the build, you took this Superbe and made a superb roadbike. I've got a few Raleighs that I'll have to dig out of the bone yard and give a closer look at .

GL

the first seat i had on it is really nice, and it did take a little to get used too. i now have a road bike seat and like it alot. that spring seat will go on something else. yeah, take a look at those bikes. i really like riding this bike, it's really sweet.

Outlaw

well i said good bye to my fav bike today. one of the kids who works at the shop wanted it bad so i said yes. thats ok tho, this guy races pro and wanted to train on when he's not in camp. so it will get alot of good use. i will miss that bike. :(

Outlaw

Latest posts

Back