Outskirtscustom's 1980 Dodge Van Project: parking solutions DEMOLITION!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys if all goes well this Saturday I might be getting a cool old Dodge full size van! Same place I took my build off pictures. It has been locked in a garage for as long as I can remember (Since the late 80's early 90's) and as far as rust goes it is the most solid and straight body I have seen in a long time. It's got the slant 6 and MANUAL floor shift so mileage shouldn't be too bad. I think it'll make an excellent bike hauler. What you guys think?

RaTornadoDONE007.jpg

I hope so, I've been thinking more and more about it here lately and I figure if it's been out of the road salt and not had a bunch of fingers under the hood monkeying around in that long it deserves a bit of love, some fresh fluids, and to be put back on the road. I finally stopped and asked about it and the guy (Ironically same name as me) said I could have it for $300 so it's MINE! Then this summer I'll probably throw a bit of truck bed liner in the wheel wells and under side to KEEP it nice and rust free.

It would be cool if you were able to make it pay for itself in bike sales.

Lower it and some nice wheels, my vote!
I don't know, maybe if you're in an urban zone. Some parts of Indiana get occasional drifting snowstorms measured in feet, and there's more than a few dirt roads.

My plans are something along these lines 1970's Shaggin wagon style, shag carpet, port hole windows, custom seats, and not lowered but maybe some nice rims and wheel arch flairs. Definitely want to find a visor for it. Maybe some side pipes.
van4.jpg

I Really like the paint and rims on this one
4797326583_bd1a54f689_z.jpg

Inside something like this with hidden compartment under the bed for storage and bike parts.
wpid-1102trweb_036+2011_council_of_councils_van_show+1965_ford_econoline_custom_interior-2011-08-5-15-24.jpg

If it was a Chevy I'd do a replica of the Cheech and Chong van. Probably do something close as far as mods go.
attachment.php

You should rig it up with a smoke machine and dress like Spicoli.

Yeah, I was thinkin' maybe like a Latino low-rider mural, but with pasty white people and an eighty year old gas pump.:grin::dance2:

How about I rat rod the van and create a fake patina then put a mural of a Latino low-rider van with an 8 year old white boy siphoning gas out of it. lol

siphoning-theif.jpg

Last edited:
Well I went and left my phone number with the guy's wife just waiting on him to call me back now... Oh the anticipation.:headbang:

Latest posts

Back