Outskirtscustom's 1980 Dodge Van Project: parking solutions DEMOLITION!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked and I was right! In all it's 30 years of dust and mouse poop glory a Holley model 1945 ONE barrel carb

Bit cleaner look:

0900c15280087881.gif

That is almost exactly what I had in mind but black where the darker green is and dark green where the lighter green is and no star wars mural.
vantastic_006_10152013.jpg

You could do a Star Wars Lego mural!!
I'm not a big star wars guy. I got an idea for a kinda mural / design for the whole van but you'll have to wait. Lets just say these videos inspired me...

Check into custom car wraps that have art work of some type. They can be done in all kinds of pictures and logos these days.

I've checked into that and I'd have to get the body smooth then pay $2,000 - $2,300 for the wrap. I'd rather just paint it. Also saw this which is pretty cool.

To me they are not all that different from what I have to justify $300 that could be spent on tires which it needs more, those wheels are not at all rare as they come on every Dodge cop car out there and 90% of people who buy one from auction swap the wheels so there will be plenty coming on the market, I normally see nice comparable steel wheels WITH tires and hub caps go for that much. I put word out with scrappers to keep eyes open for certain parts too and I snag them for scrap value or a little over so I am blessed with contacts for cheap parts. Maybe I'm a cheapskate but with my income you have to be.

I agree with you Joe. There were more production years of that Police wheel than the wheels I'm referring to--2 years only. Do what's affordable. But it doesn't hurt to inquire as to if the lady of the house wants an "old" bike. ;)

I like the dog dish caps myself. Hit the wheels with the wire brush and spray can and pick up a matching set of caps when they pop up cheap. Would take a good set of tires over some fancy wheels anyday.

That's cool to keep it in the range you can pay for. In the end you have to have money to drive it.
Bingo, I'm going to be paying for the entire build with money made from bike flips and scraping over the spring and summer so I'm on a tight budget but I can pick up bikes cheap from the scrap yard and make money so it will eventually get there. I sold my Mongoose Beast and my PS3 to buy the van. Also traded some junk for a cd player with detachable face plate so stereo is taken care of now. I also got some carpet for the van that is brand new from the carpet store dumpster. :dance2:

The headliner will be made from an American flag I got for 50 cents at a yard sale last year, Got a grill coming for free from a cool guy on Vannin'.com, Maybe drape a few old t-shirts over the seat backs to protect them till I get some captain chairs, Kinda getting hippie / rat rod vibes from it.

I agree with you Joe. There were more production years of that Police wheel than the wheels I'm referring to--2 years only. Do what's affordable. But it doesn't hurt to inquire as to if the lady of the house wants an "old" bike. ;)

I'd rather keep my old bike...lol Besides I think the baby moon caps will set off the stock wheels well enough to run with it cheap and have a great look. Also the 15 x 5 "pizza cutter" wheels will be great for fuel mileage.

I like the dog dish caps myself. Hit the wheels with the wire brush and spray can and pick up a matching set of caps when they pop up cheap. Would take a good set of tires over some fancy wheels anyday.

I like the dog dish caps too but I found out I only have 2 of them, both on the same side. I could have sworn it had all 4 but they are not here now. Besides anything round I can put on it makes it look older and draws attention away from the big box look.

Latest posts

Back