PA bike builder/collector

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vdubs

Why is it that old vws and and old bikes share so many of the same cultlike followers :) Simplicity of design?
I am interested in purchasing some of Mandys' artwork and am wondering if she has immortalized one of your split windows in one of her works.
Mark

Re: Vdubs

2manybikes said:
Why is it that old vws and and old bikes share so many of the same cultlike followers :) Simplicity of design?
I am interested in purchasing some of Mandys' artwork and am wondering if she has immortalized one of your split windows in one of her works.
Mark

They both have the same horsepower.....ha ha... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist...coming from an old turbo Buick owner. :wink:

the only split bus pic shes done was done in dots not painted.i'll see if i have a pic of it.

Rat Rod said:
2manybikes said:
Mark

They both have the same horsepower.....ha ha... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist...coming from an old turbo Buick owner. :wink:[/quote
my buddy has an all steel street legal inspected 67 beetle that runs 9.97 in the 1/4.it looks basically stock,its just 2 in off the ground. he drives it every day.

mandysbus said:
my buddy has an all steel street legal inspected 67 beetle that runs 9.97 in the 1/4.it looks basically stock,its just 2 in off the ground. he drives it every day.

Yeah, just poking fun at the VW guys....they have a big VW show and race down here at the Texas Motorplex each year. It's fun to watch the VWs turn some really fast times!

2manybikes said:
Why is it that old vws and and old bikes share so many of the same cultlike followers? :)

When it comes to old bikes & old VW's, you can often buy them on the cheap &/or in bulk...(or maybe they just multiply in the garage/backyard like small furry animals) so you rarely find someone who has just one. Sorry, I don't really have an answer, though it's nice to have a bike around as a parts chaser or backup transport when your only cars are 30 or 40 yr old VW's
I am down to just one VW ('71 Squareback), but I have over a 1/2 dozen bikes (not that many 'round these parts) My friend has only one bike, but more VW's than I have bikes. I reminded my wife of this when she asked me the other day if I "have enough bikes".

Vdubs and bikes

I would love to see the split bus pic. I also was wondering if your wife would consider drawing a "portrait" of my doublecab with one one or two of my bikes? I could take a digital pic and forward it to you?
Here is a pic of my dubcab. (Not the one I would like to use for the porttrait)
dubcab.jpg
[/img]

Latest posts

Back