Patina Aguilera ....... new truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this cool 1960 International B100 we name Patina Aguilera aka Tina..... no paint will be harmed in the building of this truck.
will get a new frame with airbags ...... rockers on the ground low :)
C360_2012-06-13-11-28-13.jpg

C360_2012-06-13-15-24-35_org.jpg

Can't wait to see it done. Looks great as it sits but could use a few mods. I've always wanted to chop the top on one.

I love the way those old Studebaker trucks flow, it's like a woman, it has curves in all the right places.

Man you got some haters over on the HAMB. I say it's YOUR truck, YOUR money, YOUR time, YOUR bloody knuckles working on it, so build it how YOU want it. I have stopped giving a hoot what people think a long time ago. Many question my methods but when it's done everyone wants to ride it.

Besides if your International is like the '66 I had the metal is so thick it'll take another 50 years for the rust to eat a hole in it. :lol: The thinnest part of the truck is 9 gauge steel...... and that's the dashboard. :shock: If memory serves me correct mine weighed in at 6800lbs empty.

That's gonna be awesome! I think it's hillarious how worked up the guys on the HAMB get about "rat rods", that's why I quit posting over there.

I'm gonna have to post my latest build over there. I finally got a wheel set for this old beast. I'm not touching the patina either. I love it just the way it is. You can still barely see where the frame darts were through the rust.

PA270187.jpg

Okay nice International like the build idea except the air bags dude chop that thing an keep it rat no bags jus my thinking but then I ride a rigid frame BSA 250 spitfire

Yeah those bozo's made me so mad I couldn't see straight. I have been there and done that.
They have no clue where it started and how it got to where it is. I'm going to watch their
posts and jump on everybody that puts disk brakes on a build. If they knew they would understand
rods came from guys getting out of the army in WW2 and driving whatever they could find. They made
them as fast as they could and painted them primer because they didn't have the money for good
paint jobs. Its like ARRRGG!!!! I hate people with that better than you attitude. Build on Hooch!

Rat Rod said:
How many of them were driving mini trucks with lines shaved in the side of their heads 20 years ago. :lol:
And now drive a powder blue Prius and live in their mom's basement. :lol:

At least I learned what a "binder" is. Cool truck and I would consider that paint patina.

I can't believe Uncle Stretch defending you.....he never met a piece of rust he liked. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That thread reminds me of some of the vintage BMX sites I've been to...purists always griping about something.

Here's my response....it's all gonna burn one day. :wink:

There are some talented people on that board. None of which were jumping on Hooch.
I spent 15 years of my life laying on garage floors building cars....None of which would
qualify as the purist rods they are defending.

Latest posts

Back