Pawn Star

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although this is a fresh find, it didn't stay how I bought it long enough for me to take a pic.

I quite often check out a couple of local pawn shops for cymbals and drum stuff, and found this Micargi Puma a couple of days ago. The tag had $150 on it, so I had a quick look, but wasn't interested at that price.
A store employee came over and said there was 20% off bikes this week......$120........so I had a closer look. I pointed out that the rear wheel was toast (coaster hub didn't work at all, just spun in both directions), the front wheel was buckled, the apehangers were bent and the crank was bent, and offered $80. He said no, $120 was the lowest they could go. I said no thanks and left. Got into my truck and just started it, when the employee came out and said he'd just talked to the manager, and they'd take $80 today only.........switched off my truck and walked back in and bought it.

For some of you guys $80 might be too much for a Micargi, especially when only the frame, forks and saddle were usable, but these things never come up where I live, and I've wanted a stretch for a while.

So here it is, my new favorite bike to ride.....I can't believe how comfortable these things are :D . I put on a set of 24" wheels with Fatti-O's, fitted another crank from a box of parts, changed the stem and bars, and removed the decals. Even though the paint is pretty bad, and I left a couple of scratches when I removed the decals, I'll probably just leave it like this and ride it.......after all it is a rat!........might even be next years build off bike :wink:

DSCF1839-1.jpg

DSCF1841-1.jpg

heck you stole that thing for 80 bucks cool bike. Often wondered how they rode. Though gotta be honest I'd drop a little motor on one myself :D

Latest posts

Back