PayPal Cash?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone set up a PayPal Cash account? What's the deal with it?

Only found out because now PayPal wants my SSN before it hands over my money.

No clue. I rarely use PayPal
Me neither. I sell some (mostly bike related) shirts and things online and usually just let the pennies stack up in the paypal account and then spend the few bucks I have in there whenever I happen to have if I ever need to pay for something with paypal.

But this time paypal is now saying I can't use that money unless I sign up for PayPal Cash, which looks suspiciously like a bank account.

Never been a fan of them. They burned me for several hundred dollars back in their infancy and I swore them off for years. Just recently used them a few times

I've never used PayPal Cash, but I have happily used PayPal since it started in 98. I bet I have thousands of transactions with it, both sales and purchases. My PayPal is tied to my checking account, but I never keep a balance on PayPal itself.

I've never used PayPal Cash, but I have happily used PayPal since it started in 98. I bet I have thousands of transactions with it, both sales and purchases. My PayPal is tied to my checking account, but I never keep a balance on PayPal itself.
So why are the effers locking up my money. Probably some stupid illinois thing

Is it a brand new account?

It's been since 98 that I have had to deal with a new account, but I know from others that there may be some minimum requirements that PayPal needs before you can start using their services.

I never keep a paypal balance, so I have what they call a Personal account. I always transfer money received straight to my checking. When I pay with paypal, it pulls money straight from my checking.

I just pulled this from their site. Looks like if you want to keep a balance with them, you have to set it up as a PayPal Cash account.

U.S. personal account holders who want to keep money in PayPal or use other features that rely on a balance need to have a balance account linked to their personal account. PayPal offers two types of balance accounts: PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus.​
Customers who don’t have a balance account can still use their personal PayPal account to:​
  • Send money to someone or spend online using linked banks and cards
    • Receive money and transfer it to a linked debit card or bank
    • Split a bill or send money cross-border using linked banks and cards
    • Set up a Money Pool

Yeah, I just read the same thing. I now realize can transfer it to my bank without opening paypal cash. But they don't make it obvious.

I guess that's the end of my 'tshirt money = bike budget money' system. It'll all just disappear into regular money now :bigsmile:

Not worth giving paypal my SSN for.

Latest posts

Back