Peace Love and Choppers (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job on the pics. You even got it so it enlarges when you click instead of taking you to photobucket..:thumbsup:

One thought I had for them was to put a cassette on them and run a derailer, could make an awesome muscle bike if you could make a rear disc brake mount.

You can get one of these adapters to mount a disc for about 3 bucks.

-font-b-Mountain-b-font-font-b-bike-b-font-font-b-disc-b-font.jpg

I made one for my bike but it hasn't been tested yet.

brake4.jpg

Thank you for the idea, I would like to have a rear brake and a matching pair f brake levers. Im trying to plan a trip to the cruiser shop for some parts, hopefully they can help me with this

I have posted an ad in the parts wanted forum for some parts off of a Jesse James Chopper. If anyone can help, I would be most appreciative

The wheels remind of
7951498954_d91228837b_b.jpg
(Yes that is a prop from an airship. Aka Zeppelin)
Which is right on perfect for a steampunk build. But I am curious to see how you amp this up!

I will be the first to admit I am a steampunk snob :eek: So this build has my eyes! :crazy: I look forward to see how this turns out.

My Ipad and photobucket do not agree, bought a sweet Brooks for it today but cant get a pic up. Its a B18 Lady in Antique Brown. I have a few odd ideas once I get the mechanical bugs worked out. Trying to find the right disc brake adapter to add a rear brake right now.

And before work, I found the rear tire and chainguard. I saw the perfect grips but was told they are only available on production bikes. I never take no for an answer

Love the wheels and geometry of your chopper

I have been to 6 bike shops this week and none carry a disc brake adapter. They all say its too critical of a stress point and would not carry something like that. I dont want to by a bunch of brake parts I cant not see and measure first so the bike will only have a front brake when done. It is all flat here in Hollister so it will be fine. Even if I go to the San Jose Bike Parties, I wont be hitting any kind of high speeds on it. I did find some dark brown Electra grips today that match the seat. The grips I really want are from Giant and are only available on their production townies. If I can find a set later on, I will swap them out

Spent the day on the motorcycle, but did make a stop at a bicycle shop and found the right kickstand. Won the auction for the perfect crankset on ebay too

Latest posts

Back