PedalCar Wagon Wheel Barrow buildoff discussion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be in :39: have a couple old wagons and a old wheel barrow I have ideas for but were down on my build list. I guess that's my problem long list not enough time. I have been wanting to get my drag bike done I didn't get near finished on the last winter anything goes buildoff, would be nice to have a mod. involved for separate build threads.
and I have this up on my list to do this fall/winter... pedal/coaster/motor??? not sure yet.
so will see if I pop in.

I might be in :39: have a couple old wagons and a old wheel barrow I have ideas for but were down on my build list. I guess that's my problem long list not enough time. I have been wanting to get my drag bike done I didn't get near finished on the last winter anything goes buildoff, would be nice to have a mod. involved for separate build threads.
and I have this up on my list to do this fall/winter... pedal/coaster/motor??? not sure yet.
so will see if I pop in.
Likewise I like the idea of "separate Build threads" due to the probable diversity of builds, pedal cars, wagons, wheel barrows which might become "strollers".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's gotta be a way for you all to do this without a moderator, I don't how; but there has to be something without flooding the build or other talk threads.

I would follow along with this, would be cool to see what you comeup with.

There's gotta be a way for you all to do this without a moderator, I don't how; but there has to be something without flooding the build or other talk threads.

I would follow along with this, would be cool to see what you comeup with.
SINCE they're not bikes I figured they belong in the "Other Talk" forum. Would it be the first BO in the "Other Talk" section? Probably. Could we get a partition in there so we could have our own build threads? I'll send out some feelers... Since it's running concurrent with the Muscle Bike BO it might be a lot of work for somebody...

Carl.

Are wagons, going to be included ?:39: ...
View attachment 59354
Yes. A wagon is what I have right now...
I wish I had a pedal car, and I'm not chopping my big old wheel barrow. So, it's a wagon for me too at this point.

Carl.

SINCE they're not bikes I figured they belong in the "Other Talk" forum. Would it be the first BO in the "Other Talk" section? Probably. Could we get a partition in there so we could have our own build threads? I'll send out some feelers... Since it's running concurrent with the Muscle Bike BO it might be a lot of work for somebody...

Carl.
Right, and if everyone wants their own build thread they might have to do that.
Then a finished thread could be posted, followed by a voting poll.
That would eliminate everyone posting in one thread.

That's all I was trying to figure out.

This looks really interesting to me too. I don't have anything to start with, and about 2 weeks ago I passed up a couple of wagons, old trikes, and pedal toys at a barn sale. Oh well.

Maybe I'll spend some time on CL this morning and see what turns up.....

First thought that came into my head Carl when you started the acronym for the build off....'Hot' Wheels....but then that sounds like all parts must be stolen to be eligible...! :21:

So, just a quick search on our local CL came up with some pretty cool stuff.

This wheelbarrow is actually property of the state prison, somebody probably stole it.....
prisonwheelbarrow.jpg

And this dude has 2 cool ratty pedal car bodies and some wheels. Wish I had some young grandchildren to justify building one of these up....
rustypedalcar2.jpg
rustypedalcar1.jpg

And then there's this '50s 'woody' wagon, original owner selling, she's had it for 66 years. Moving to Florida, "the wagon wants to stay in Minnesota"...priceless. And cheap.
50swoodsidedwagon.jpg

So, just a quick search on our local CL came up with some pretty cool stuff.

This wheelbarrow is actually property of the state prison, somebody probably stole it.....
View attachment 59492

And this dude has 2 cool ratty pedal car bodies and some wheels. Wish I had some young grandchildren to justify building one of these up....
View attachment 59493 View attachment 59494

And then there's this '50s 'woody' wagon, original owner selling, she's had it for 66 years. Moving to Florida, "the wagon wants to stay in Minnesota"...priceless. And cheap.
View attachment 59495

Personally I'd go with the woody wagon, but that's just my inner self loving the wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that would be my choice as well. Plus, it would hang well in the rafters of The BACK40.

this is my wagon i have been working on be it it is a side project but when done the steering wheel will be a fully functioning handle and the baby seat in the back will tilt back and be able to be used as shelving for carrying stuff i also am going to swap the wheels with something different heels on it are just for mockup and not going to be used hopefully i can get inspired from this build challenge to finish this thing hope it helps get the buildoff going i would enter but miens already started if i can start with this then im all in let me know
52605_88b2abb96bb9c9197d800d8c6e0e758d.jpg

this is my wagon i have been working on be it it is a side project but when done the steering wheel will be a fully functioning handle and the baby seat in the back will tilt back and be able to be used as shelving for carrying stuff i also am going to swap the wheels with something different heels on it are just for mockup and not going to be used hopefully i can get inspired from this build challenge to finish this thing hope it helps get the buildoff going i would enter but miens already started if i can start with this then im all in let me know
View attachment 59550
I wouldn't mind a bit. I'd just hope no one tries to jump in with a finished build...

Carl.

Well there's a few of us so far...
Pushie Pirate, Mazdaflyer, A.S.BOLTNUT, Falstaff, Rusty Gold, OddJob, Blackout, heartlandcruisers and me make 9. Looks like most of us have wagons (although I'm still looking for a pedal car) We'll see what we can do...

Carl.

I'm trying to imagine this sled with wheels...AKA all/terrain wagon...
73f1657aa98fdc1ece3ea5a3ff3d3806.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A buddy of mine had one like that with wheels when we were kids , he had a big hill on the side of his house we used to spend all day bombin..down that hill ...ah the good ole days !

Well there's a few of us so far...
Pushie Pirate, Mazdaflyer, A.S.BOLTNUT, Falstaff, Rusty Gold, OddJob, Blackout, heartlandcruisers and me make 9. Looks like most of us have wagons (although I'm still looking for a pedal car) We'll see what we can do...

Carl.
I'm not sure I'm in on this one or not. I like the idea, but all I have right now is a beat up old kett car. Been trying to find a wagon at a good price for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind a bit. I'd just hope no one tries to jump in with a finished build...

Carl.
awesome then im in and i will not touch this until i know for sure the build off will start this things far from done in fact the only thing that is most likely not going to change is the axle relocation even those will have to be removed though and better supprted im thinking an all out chassis might work but then my limit to hand tools and knowledge and fab skiils crushes that theory nonetheless i am in if we get this going

All mine are for sale , got costly car repairs to take care of..

It would be cool, always liked what DevinScience had started with a wheel barrow and a wagon. But thanks to Photobucket, the pics are gone from the build thread.

Then there's the crazy version of a pedal car that I've become interested in.
fb4f504e1eca39312734948fd0a329d3.jpg
So I posted a pic of this dragster, does anyone think a build like this WOULDN'T fit the parameters of this challenge?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back