Pee Wee X1 Part II

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well it's time for a new project. I sold my original Pee Wee Bicycle and I miss it. What I didn't like about it was - it was very heavy, and I had no way to haul it. I worried about it getting knocked over too. I have come up with a new idea and I am excited about it!

What if Pee Wee joined up with a modern bicycle manufacturer? They could make an XI edition. That's what I'm going to build. I just bought a new cruiser from ebay. I found one that is all red and the seller claims it has removeable decals. Technically it is a girls bike, but that doesn't bother me, because a lot of bikes now have step-through frames. I was lucky to find a bike with a wide "tank".

I want a bike I can ride down the street, not have a huge amount of money in it, and light enough to put on the back of my car.

Bike.jpg

I'll post more photos and mods as I progress.

My new bicycle arrived! Very happy with it, no damage and the paint is super. It is Pee Wee Herman (Ferrari) Red. I have already removed the decals from one side of the tank and from the chain guard. I added the signature arrow to the chainguard. Made it out of white vinyl tape from the hardware store. I picked up a tiger head squeeze horn online. Pretty cool for around $7 plus shipping. I should have named this project "Pee Wee's Bike on a Budget".

IMG_6298.jpg

IMG_6294.jpg

IMG_6296.jpg

I found some red and white tassles. I believe I am going to create a white insert for the tank out of white sign vinyl.

We'll see how it goes.

This is gonna be cool 8) I'll be watching :wink:

After a long break from building this bike, I am back to it.
I found some saddle bags on ebay that will work. They will look even better when I put some white vinyl on them. I only hope the red matches my frame.
I also found a saddle bag lid which I will use for the top compartment. I will put some plywood inside to sturdy it up and to attach the side bag braces to.

Bags.jpg

Top-1.jpg

I did a lot of work on the bike this weekend.

I started to place white pinstripes on the fenders. I had a sign shop make me some 1/4 inch ones out of vinyl. I have to get some more made, I wasted some getting the hang of it.

I designed and printed out some front wheel swirlies on photo paper. I bought a roll of clear and a roll of white contact shelf paper. I used the clear on the front side and the white on the back and carefully cut the circles out. They are pretty tough now and waterproof.

I am really excited about the white tank decals. :lol: I cut blue painters tape into strips and used these to outline the shape on the tank. Then I filled in the inside with more painters tape. Once the shape was good I pealed it off and laid it down on my white shelf paper. This gave me a real nice guide to cut around with scissors. The vinyl shelf paper was very forgiving when I laid it on the bike. I was able to reposition it a couple times. I found some chrome and "Carbon Fibre" oval accents at my local car parts place. They remind me of old Buick fender portholes. I stuck them on each side.

I will post more photos soon.

Looks like your project is coming along, changing the gearing in the rear sprocket helps with the weight too.

Someone a custom built at Palm Cycle with those same bags
http://palmscycle.blogspot.com/2013/08/ ... -bike.html

I made my bags work , yeah its heavy, i eventually will add a real 3 speed in the rear.
Here is a pic of my bike with the dottie bike, this was at the LBC bike fest this year.
I ride this bike a few times a year, i did ride to work day and rode 30 miles round trip.
http://uncouthreflections.wordpress.com ... l/pee-wee/

Thanks Luke!

Abe your Pee Wee Bike is perfect! I am really impressed with the shape of your saddlebags. Definitely a lot of work there. I think it would be a blast to ride one down to the local supermarket and chain it up.

Been working more on the bicycle. I painted the saddlebags. Going to have to do some sanding and respraying. I managed to pick up a dashboard compass, and Elgin fender skirts on ebay.

I haven't been happy with my tiger horn. So I started looking for a replica "Tiger Mask" siren (or a real one). They are still extremely rare and expensive. Saw one for $400. I started looking on ebay for a tiger that looks like the real thing.

I found the coolest thing. It's an old circus toy. I am going to join it with a common speaker siren. Haven't decided if I will repaint the head. Have to wait to see what it looks like. Got it for under $10 which beats $400.

2-1.jpg

i.jpg

I have been working on other projects - but have started back into this one. I swapped out the black cables for red ones and managed to find a real pee wee tiger for the front of it. My side saddle bags are done. I hope to post pictures this week.

Very nice,I will be following this build. I like the way it is heading.

Latest posts

Back