PeeWee Herman bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was wondering if any of you know what kind of bike was used in the movie PeeWee's Big Adventure. I want to make a replica down to the t. Any help would be much appreciated.

there were alot of add ons to that bike, if you look around i believe there was at least 10 or so prop bikes used in the movie. but im sure some one will know what kind of bike it was mainly seen as in the movie though.

Here is a pic of one of the original bikes, looks like a Schwinn DX? There are a few members here that have built or are in the process of making replica bikes, hopefully they'll chime in.
bikes009.jpg

schwinn dx

PeeWeeBike.jpg

hard to tell in the next one :lol: but i have seen the bike with the holes cut in the bottom of the saddlebags where the chain falls out on ebay about a year ago.

pee-wee-bike-locked.jpg

looks like 2 different schwinn Dx's

peewee_01.jpg

non dx schwinn straightbar - supposed to be a pee wee movie bike on display at america on wheels

3240802383_d4170a5432.jpg

3227223652_6f7f17e6d8.jpg

more

bike0_small.jpg

Pee-wees-Big-Adventure-Photograph-C12148281.jpg

at 2:40 his bike has a huffy sprocket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RJT07D8scI

CCR said:
schwinn dx

PeeWeeBike.jpg

hard to tell in the next one :lol: but i have seen the bike with the holes cut in the bottom of the saddlebags where the chain falls out on ebay about a year ago.

pee-wee-bike-locked.jpg

looks like 2 different schwinn Dx's

peewee_01.jpg

non dx schwinn straightbar - supposed to be a pee wee movie bike on display at america on wheels

3240802383_d4170a5432.jpg

3227223652_6f7f17e6d8.jpg

more

bike0_small.jpg

Pee-wees-Big-Adventure-Photograph-C12148281.jpg

at 2:40 his bike has a huffy sprocket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RJT07D8scI
AWESOME!!! Thanks, do you know if the saddlebags come on the DX? if not, what company makes them?

i was wondering the very same thing cuz i too saw the movie on wgnamerica and was gonna start a thread on identifing bikes from different movies. like the schwinn dx from pee wee's big adventure, bike from the goonies, heck... maybe even what bikes were in tv shows like brady bunch.

anyways, you can definatly tell they used different bikes. the one on the movie poster is way different than the fuller ones used on the others, just to name one.

Latest posts

Back