Penny Racer "All-Star"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Due to some technical difficulties, ill have the before pictures up shortly, but this is what I managed to do this weekend. Ok, im not too sure what kinda bike it is since it has no tags and I bought it off of an old homeless guy. I went down to Capitol Cyclery and Recycled Cycles in Lafayette picked up a few parts including new crank bearing kit, headset bearing kit, white walls, and black apes with white grips to match my Nightster.

My Nightster
DSC00042.jpg

sunlitewhitewalls.jpg

blackapes.jpg

Ive decided to use some stainless tubing that I had lying around to make the frame for the sheet metal tank im making.
tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank3.jpg

tank4.jpg

My mother has this old western flyer in her garden covered with plants, so without her noticing I swapped the forks!

westernflyerforks.jpg

Floor Mock-up
floormockup1.jpg

and with template for tank
floormockup2.jpg

Since im really just wing'n this one, I hope yall have lots of feedback and tips to steer me in the right direction! :)

Sorry, I havent been doing this long enough to offer advice. Just wanted to say I love the Nightster. We're hoping to get one next spring.

the "chrome edges" are stainless tubing that I bent and tacked on, im going to weld sheet metal to both sides to create my tank...

Not a Schwinn, Schwinn never pressed the rear drop into the frame, theirs were always welded or brazed. Although I have no idea what this is, its not a Schwinn.

Latest posts

Back