Peugeot PX10... I think?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
IMG_0540.JPG

Not even close to my size but brooks and fancy nervex lugs were too cool to pass up. I think its a PX10 but not sure how to date/identify these Peugeots.

View attachment 61955

Not even close to my size but brooks and fancy nervex lugs were too cool to pass up. I think its a PX10 but not sure how to date/identify these Peugeots.

Yeah I believe it is one too! What does the small black decal say. I hope it says 531 renolds tube set

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

Dating these old Pugs is very difficult, as is properly IDing the specific model. Based on the lugs, colour scheme, and saddle (if it´s original and if it is a Brooks Professional/ Team Pro) I would date it at ´67 thru ´73. The Reynolds 531 indicates that it is definitely one of the nicer models-- and the sticker on the seat-tube puts it at pre-´75. Is it a PX10, though? I couldn´t say for sure, as Peugeot had a dizzying array of models, most with similar alphanumeric names and absolutely no graphics on the frames to label them. But, the fender eyelets don´t disqualify it from being a PX10 and it´s a top-shelf French bicycle, regardless.

What size is it?

It´s a hott bike, that´s for sure. 62cm is a tall glass of water haha

I believe you´re right about the serial on the BB making it a 60s bike, but it´d be late 60s with the team color scheme. They didn´t run those colours earlier than, i THINK, 1967?

That makes sense...Simplex would´ve been the oem group, i bet... but if you checked out that link i posted, the frame details on the 67 px10 are basically identical to your bike above, n´est-pas?

Latest posts

Back