Peugeot rebuild / custom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Thanks for looking :)

After finishing my last custom bicycles this summer I have decided to be slightly less adventurous with the next one!

I started looking for a suitable bike a couple of months ago. I found the perfect one in my town.

A Peugeot road bike
20161013_184558_zps2xu3dhvl.jpg

The plans are to strip it down and smooth out the frame. I'm removing the pump holders, brake line brackets and, well anything that sticks out !

I'm using a twin speed coaster brake at the rear and drum brake at the front .

A Brookes saddle and matching laced bars will compliment the pearlescent black paint.

The frame has some nice details
20161101_195425_zpsibwvcqoz.jpg

I plan to pick out the lugs with silver.

I'm actually a bit further on than this so I have some updating to do! lol

Ha ha yes the Bentley ! it's a , er, special! it's just having a few more things done to it then it's back to the customer. I'll ask him if he minds pictures of it on the Internet before "the big unveiling"

Ha ha yes the Bentley ! it's a , er, special! it's just having a few more things done to it then it's back to the customer. I'll ask him if he minds pictures of it on the Internet before "the big unveiling"
:thumbsup:

Yes, I wish, Arlen Ness had a 69 cloud and so did one of his old time fabricators... They always thought I was nuts saying we should cut one.
A friend happens live around corner from a rolls repair shop we found this one with no drive line left, gutted for interior parts trim.
Barley got he bumpers and grill w it...
But if your going rat, may as well start with style.
I'll try dig shots of it sitting next to stock..
Look forward seeing your work.

*Edit it was cheaper than a half decent nova.. they have zero value when numbers not match...
Jut wanted a shell anyway

Owner had to have Cadi taillights... If was mine that's the one thing I'd change, far to modern.
Some early chevrons cut in the fender would make it hard to guess age.
Already people assume it's at least early 50's

You guys do nice stuff!
Would love to see what you guys could do on a scratch built bike!

Luke.
We'll you saw the "loopy bike" I showed in my other thread......I used that bike to prove I could make stuff and that got me the job! lol
I have a REALLY cool project after I finish this little one............. :)

Very cool stuff, sounds like a fun interview process...
I bet you guys have some seriously vintage fab tools...
Would be awsome get see.
You use a pullmax at the shop... I've always tried explain how louver dies work with the lead body and tail die in one.... I'm just slightly envious of your work environment cheers

Very cool stuff, sounds like a fun interview process...
I bet you guys have some seriously vintage fab tools...
Would be awsome get see.
You use a pullmax at the shop... I've always tried explain how louver dies work with the lead body and tail die in one.... I'm just slightly envious of your work environment cheers

If you came to our shop you would think you were in a Baileigh showroom! We have one of their power hammers, magnetic folders, guillotine , powered bead rollers, rollers and V press. The English wheel is, well, English though (and big and cast! :) )

Cleaned up the bars this morning. is it just coincidence that a wine cork fits as a bung? I have a couple of cool corks (is there such a thing? well, yes there is! lol ) that I'm going to use.
20161117_123537_zpstbvqlbjg.jpg

Also applied the final coat of primer to the frame last night. it's all coming along nicely. :)
I need to sweet talk a friendly auto trimmer to sort me out some leather to match the saddle. I'll need it for the bars.

Latest posts

Back