Photobucket

Nov 2, 2016
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use photobucket to host my photos. It seems that as of today I can no longer do this unless i pay $60 per year.

So all the photos on all the forums I use have gone. :(

I have several long build threads on various car forums. I can't face re-hosting all the archive pictures, it would take days! So that resource has been lost now.

:( :(

Nov 18, 2007
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like I've been wiped from the internet. EVERY photo I've ever posted is now blocked. The majority of them are (were) on this site. It's Photobucket's right to do this, I guess. I'm not angry, just highly disappointed.

Well, it looks like this is the only BO I've entered, that there will pics available......Maybe I should do a new "INTRO".

I'm "old", I was hoping to leave a legacy behind..... I'm going to have to tell my kids that my obit should read: "Please...Make a donation to Photobucket" :shake:

Nov 18, 2007
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used 0.5 GB of the 2.0 GB or 28.39%. I guess I would have to pay the $399 to have image sharing to a third site. The albums are still there. If I post a "DIRECT" link it will take you to the image.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff182/KOTA777/004-12.jpg

@auditech10, if you go back to your thread and post the "DIRECT" links, people can still see your photos....It's better than nothing.

Reactions: OneHorsePower
Apr 20, 2009
Fairfax, VA
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If I try to go to my previously "free" account, all I can get is broken links, price listings, and 6 pages of complaints from people who actually paid for service and got shafted.
If I go to my pictures posted via Photobucket hosting on RRB, they come up and can be saved to my computer.
Since RRB now allows direct posting, I already quit dealing with the bucket a while ago.

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I've used 0.5 GB of the 2.0 GB or 28.39%. I guess I would have to pay the $399 to have image sharing to a third site. The albums are still there. If I post a "DIRECT" link it will take you to the image.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff182/KOTA777/004-12.jpg

@auditech10, if you go back to your thread and post the "DIRECT" links, people can still see your photos....It's better than nothing.
Here is a test using your direct link from the PIC toolbar here on RRB

Reactions: OneHorsePower
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I am gutted by this, as with many I would imagine, I have
a few long build threads on this and other forums, all gone! Not
to mention the work taken to download all the pic's, where I live,
an isolated part of our planet, we have limited internet, both the
speed and cost for service, all they work gone!

Thanks PB wonderful stuff!

Nov 2, 2016
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True.
I can look at photos of my grandparents, turn them over in my hand to read the inscription on the back. It makes me feel a small connection to them.
Digital photos on the other hand......as you say, one click and they have gone.
I think I'm going to start printing my favourites, just in case! :)

Nov 18, 2007
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first I thought it was insanity, on their part. I posted on another thread, that after consideration ,I don't think they'll be backtracking. There are well over 100,000,000+ PB users. If 99% decided to leave, that would still be over 1,000,000 (1%) left paying $399. That's $390,000,000 annually, plus the other services they sell. Insanity, no. Business, yes.....I think 1% is a LOW estimate.
It's my opinion that this is the beginning of the end, for FREE image hosting...anywhere.

OH! I won't be one of the 1%...I downloaded my pics that were important to me, individually, took some time. I then deleted ALL of them, and deleted my account.

I am disappointed with PB. But it's a business. I got ten years of free service from them. I'm also disappointed with myself for "depending" on a FREE service, for something that was so important to me.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2012
Montréal Canada (Québec)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i kept folders of all my pics (90% of them) on my pc and usb keys , so they can go jump , i wont pay ether.

i cant upload dirrectly to the forum tho , is that a premium member feature ? , i use Facebook as image hosting site now , since i document there too , but i bet they'll eventually do the same gimmic

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 20, 2009
Fairfax, VA
Rating - 100%
2   0   0